SkydiveStMarys

Bad language

Oooo, you're rusty and want to use bad words with me in-person....

I could have fun with this;)

But, alas, my lover is home cooking my dinner:D (he's a FABULOUS cook, but don't tell him I told you) and my dirty mind shall remain his:P

Ok, you have a dirty mind... (but its ok... because it involves your lover...) I was not thinking sexually in any way shape or form... :P
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

"Parents nowadays are complete candy-asses"

Not all of us!! I am a cool Mom, BUT, I am a Mom, not a friend....I have pulled EVERY trick in the book and I am always one step ahead of him...there isn't much have not done, seen, or heard. It helps that we think, my son and I, alike...I know where he is "coming from".

Bobbi
A miracle is not defined by an event. A miracle is defined by gratitude.

I got the Ivory Soap bar for the word "Poop"...typical Catholic family. Which brings me to a story of how I dealth with my young daughter stealing candy (years ago, she is 28 now & vividly remembers this)...I took her back to the store with money from her piggy bank to pay for the candy, made her make a formal apology to the store owner, then asked our new Priest to listen to her confession (this one really left an impression)...unfortunately or perhaps fortunately, she was in confession for over an hour...hahaha
Point being, sometimes there are different ways to handle situations...I have always let my "parental instincts" tell me what will work best, we know our kids better than anyone...then after the discpline thing is done, don't question your way of handling it, we do the best as we can.

I've gotta agree with ya!!!!!

It may not have been "the belt" so much as the way it was presented:

*stern look* "Go to your room, RIGHT now."

15 minutes later...

My mom and/or dad come in.

Mom/Dad: "Do you know what this is about?"

Me: "Yes ma'am/sir." (of course I did!!)

Mom/Dad: *insert several minutes of a lecuture*

Me: "Yes sir, yes ma'am, I understand."

Then THE BELT. I knew as soon as I was sitting in my room for several minutes alone. I knew that... "uh-oh, I've messed up, here comes the belt!!" That waiting period and lecture may have been worse than the belt. But that belt still hurt!!:(

None of that worked. You have to find a method that will work. Good luck.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

Soap worked for me. Also worked for our entire class in Catholic School the time one moron used the "N" word for black people, he got his mouth cleansed in front of the whole class & we totally GOT that message.

When I was in Catholic school they used a loufa sponge.B|;)

Chris