SkydiveStMarys

Bad language

I still use the F word here and there. There's just no good substitute for that one But, you will catch me saying "flippin" a lot, as in "I flippin love that" Which just means I love it a lot

Well I flippin love you.;)

I use friggin as a substitute for the F bomb...not always, but a lot of the times.

Chris

that is just it, you say friggin but you really mean fuckin and everybody knows that. The question is when did fuck become an evil word. And why follow all the other fools who fear a word. Actually FUCK came about as an acronym Fornication Under Consent of the King. It basically meant people were allowed to have sex. They had to hang a sign with those letters outside, when getting busy. Is it evil to say having sex? no, then why is it bad to say fucking? Because somebody said it was at one point and now you follow them.
Just my 2 cents
:)
If I could make a wish, I think I'd pass.
Can't think of anything I need
No cigarettes, no sleep, no light, no sound.
Nothing to eat, no books to read.

Actually FUCK came about as an acronym Fornication Under Consent of the King. It basically meant people were allowed to have sex. They had to hang a sign with those letters outside, when getting busy.

Myth. so is the other myth about For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge, or whatever.

kind of a stupid myth when you think about it. Do you actually think that the English govnerment set itself up to give consent every time citzens had sex?? give me a fucking break.

fuck comes from 15th century Dutch word fokken to breed (cattle) .:P
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

Actually FUCK came about as an acronym Fornication Under Consent of the King. It basically meant people were allowed to have sex. They had to hang a sign with those letters outside, when getting busy.

Myth. so is the other myth about For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge, or whatever.

kind of a stupid myth when you think about it. Do you actually think that the English govnerment set itself up to give consent every time citzens had sex?? give me a fucking break.

fuck comes from 15th century Dutch word fokken to breed (cattle) .:P

That is what I had heard and it made sense to me. Since the British had the rule that the British soldiers had the right to fuck the wives of the Scottish, it didn't sound far fetched to me that they would have laws against who was fucking.
In anycase, I think you can agree that somewhere along the line, it became considered an evil word for no good reason and that others just followed suit.

Does the back of my dad's hand count. The only time he ever struck me that way and it was most deserved

Hell! If my dad had to lay a hand on me it was REALLY bad news. My mother and grandmother would wear my ass out if I showed such disrespect. Seriously. Parents nowadays are complete candy-asses.

Chuck

Soap worked for me. Also worked for our entire class in Catholic School the time one moron used the "N" word for black people, he got his mouth cleansed in front of the whole class & we totally GOT that message.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

usually you can find the origin of a word by looking it up in the dictionary. it's more reliable than acronyms mentioned in forwarded emails.;)

In anycase, I think you can agree that somewhere along the line, it became considered an evil word for no good reason and that others just followed suit.

completely agree here. It seems a bit silly to scream at someone for 10 minutes just because they made a certain vocalization instead of another, synonomous vocalization.

some people can't seem to understand how that could be seen as weird & arbitrary. But it is the way of much of people in the world we live in, so what can you do.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

I was actually a pretty good kid in regards to foul language... I did/do use the occasional colorful metaphor but never directed at others and I was careful not to use them around grown-ups... (I learned my lesson young what I should and should not do around athority figures...)
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Spare the rod and spoil the child...after a terrible whipping, he'll think soap tastes great, but he certainly won't say "insert_word_here" again. Take a belt to him...worked for me (until they stopped using the belt and went to grounding in high school).

Good!>:(

I can't stand the "N" word. Ordinarily I'm not so PC...I love variety, love thy neighbor and all that shmack but I have no problem with making fun of our obvious differences in a light-hearted way.

Laughter is a HUGE requirement for daily sustinance for me.

But, I can't help it, I don't like the "N" word or the "other 'F'" word used for gays. [:/]
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

OK, are we really all that bored to look into the origins of "Fuck".

My philosphy on the issue:

Just do it:P

I didn't look it up today, I had just come across it a while ago. Even the article I posted was something I came across by coincidence a while ago.

But never the less your philosophy works for me, sounds like a plan.
;)

"colorful metaphor"
:D

Bor-ing:P

I will never forget a day out visiting with my mom. I was 9 years old. We were at Barnes and Noble. I saw Howard Stern's new book on the shelf. I had heard something on a morning talk show and repeated it VERY loudly to my mother's embarassment:

"Hey mom! Is that Howard Stern's new book? He said he's hung like a horse in that one!":D

I had no idea what that meant[:/];)

"colorful metaphor"
:D

Hey, the manner in which I usually use cursing it is practically an art form... B|:D:D

I can demonstrate but it really requires an in person demonstration... and I'm really rusty... :P:D
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Oooo, you're rusty and want to use bad words with me in-person....

I could have fun with this;)

But, alas, my lover is home cooking my dinner:D (he's a FABULOUS cook, but don't tell him I told you) and my dirty mind shall remain his:P

Really doesn't matter!!!!! hahahahahahahah:D

Your kidding right.......

Ask the guy who was called Numbnuts this past weekend, if it really matters!!!

Foul mouthed little kids need to not be talking like that, at all. I don't talk to him like that and it shows a sign of disrespect calling people bad names. Not to mention is causes alot of trouble in and out of school.

Bobbi
A miracle is not defined by an event. A miracle is defined by gratitude.

I dont' like "freakin" either>:(

"Flippin" is the only acceptable substitute for me. Or just say "Fuck" damn it:P

OK, seriously Bobbi...why is it your "ass" threads and "fuck language" threads seem to interest me most?

I'm so ashamed[:/]:D;):P