skydiverbry

New Marine

Hey man, I was thinking when he gets out if we are still young enough we can start a DZ.;) I'll be DZO,teach alittle FJC's, do some AFF instrucs., some Tandems, Chris is co-owner,manifest,and because she's a great cook run the concession stand(acutally she'll be the real boss) and then we"ll have Shawn as afull time pilot with our own chopper 7day/weekB|;);) Oh I forgot you get to be the Tandem mule & Bartender;)
--------------------------------------------------
Growing old is mandatory.Growing up is optional!!

D.S.#13(Dudeist Skdiver)

"Ranger Qualified" means simply having been through Ranger School and wearing the tab. Real Rangers are Battalion Rangers who have been through RIP, are stationed at a Ranger Battalion and wear the Ranger Scroll.

In a way, yeah. But the phrase "simply having been through Ranger School"??? Nothin simple about it.
Ohne Liebe sind wir nichts

So true about Rip!!!! I know quite a few who wear the tab but wouldn't make one day at battalion. I know some guys at 2nd Ranger Bat and they're tough. I'm still proud this young man decided to fight for his country though even if he wants to be a Marine. Marine is actually an acronym you know. Muscles Are Required Intelligence Not Essential. Had to get my two cents in. Good for him and even better for our country.

No doubt. My hat is off to him for stepping up to serve his country in the Marines.

I was just explaining the major difference between having the Ranger tab and wearing the Ranger scroll. Ranger school was tough, but RIP and being at a Ranger Battalion is simply like being at Ranger school for your permanent duty station.

Well being in the service now( Army) for about 10 years and currently deployed I used to always think less of any other service man if it wasn't Army, I was so worng...where I'm at we have all branches and we all do the same thing. I couldn't believe when I was out on patrol and I saw an airman with a rifle and LIVE AMMO, OMG I though to myself..well we are all the same when the shit hits the fan and it really counts.

Good for him to step up and serve our great country. So us bastards don' t have to do 3 tours in 5 years.

Airborne
~Freedom is never free

Well, that's cause the Marines.....

Uh Oh... I feel a symphony of Army/Marine jokes coming up. :D

The classic...

My

Ass

Rides

In

Navy

Equipment

Sir!

Bry - congrats to you, the Mrs. and your son!
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706