skydiverbry

New Marine

Hey guy's here's a pic of our oldest son, Shawn. He is going to be one of the few,the proud, a Marine. Shawn just joined the U.S. Marine Corp and Chris & I are VERY PROUD OF HIM!!!!!!!:)
--------------------------------------------------
Growing old is mandatory.Growing up is optional!!

D.S.#13(Dudeist Skdiver)

Wow....Thats good stuff right there. I just got my contract with the Marine Corps TODAY. I got into Officer Candidites School (OCS) to become an Office in the MARINES. I am very exited and you should be very proud of your son. Not only has he joined the Military a very noble choice. But he decided to become a Marine the best choice possible. What MOS is he looking to do? thats his job in the Marines. I am looking to do Force Recon, Infantry. then eventually become a HALO jumper. Well good luck and congrads!

-jeff-

"Ranger Qualified" means simply having been through Ranger School and wearing the tab. Real Rangers are Battalion Rangers who have been through RIP, are stationed at a Ranger Battalion and wear the Ranger Scroll.

You been through RIP?

"Ranger Qualified" means simply having been through Ranger School and wearing the tab. Real Rangers are Battalion Rangers who have been through RIP, are stationed at a Ranger Battalion and wear the Ranger Scroll.

You been through RIP?

I was a senior advisor to a Vietnamese Ranger Battalion before I went to flight school. Does that count?
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

Sorry the thread has spun off topic a little.
I am Army, but say Congrats to you and Your son on the Corp. Hell of a good group of Men and Women who are dedicated, smart and very good at what they do.

Please pass along;
Welcome to the Brotherhood Leatherneck!
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

Yes, it has spun off a little. I'm an old airborne-ranger helicopter pilot sending my congratulations to your young Marine son. Joining the Marines is indeed a noble and brave undertaking. God speed.
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

I am currently an active duty Marine so congrats to your son. Tell him to get ready to be bald and prepare for 3 months of hell.

Semper Fi

OO-Rah

The most terrifying words in the English language are: ‘I'm from the government and I'm here to help’. ~Ronald Reagan

30,000,000 legal firearm owners killed no one yesterday.

You have a lot to be proud of!! It takes a driven, couragous person to volunteer these days. Most kids (and parents) do not want to step up to the plate.

Been in the Army for 14 years, it is always refreshing to see young people with drive and ambition.
glad to be here!!