AdamGardner

what is this canopy doing

c
Anyone with a sabre2- can you stall your canopy without taking a wrap of your steering line? I know this kind of is biased due to people having weird lengths of their arms and bodies- but on average...

On some canopy flying course (with Jeffro) I did it with a little trouble after (linetwist) but at a safe altitude (1500m) and happy end. Good crack.
I have exactly the same problem with my Sa2 150 (maybe not so severe). That's one of the reasons why I don't recommend to anyone Sa2 in general (just my opinion). Nice canopy to learn how to fly and land but I don't like openings, small glide ratio and brake lines problems while using fronts.
Extending the brake lines improves situation (a little) with fronts especially when turn is initiated after harness input (stars softer and more gently). But decreases flare characteristics.
Colin in Empuria told me when he saw my canopy that a few years ago he would say that my canopy had 600 not 270 jumps due to the lines shrinkage.
Regards
JanuszPS
Back to Poland... back home.

The trick is to find the proper length that leaves you with the least amount of tail distortion while leaving the proper amount of toggle stroke to give you a proper control range with the toggles. It is definitely a give and take situation. I don't recommend adding more then 1" of adjustment at a time. 1" can make a HUGE difference in how the canopy flies.

This warrants repeating.

For reference (although obviously not the same canopy) I've attached what my control lines look like while my canopy is in full flight and my hands are in the front dive loops. Note that there is no pressure on the tail, and there's a fairly significant amount of line bowing behind the canopy.

I've been thinking about solution for my Sa2 150, and ... I didn't find any. Mostly due to the square shape of the canopy. if the lines are longer, and don't disturb during front risers maneuvers, are too long for nice and safe landings. If good for landings bad for fronts. The middle solution is not perfect either. So after adding some two inches to the brake lines ended up with lines long not enough for front riser use and too long for nice landings (was better before in terms of landings). So I given up my Sa2 at the moment but I keep it still, I might return to it soon.
Just my observation and conclusion - for elliptical is easier - the shape helps to have no interruption between fronts and brakes (due to the short end cells).
Am I wrong? but a nice picture.
regs
JanuszPS
Back to Poland... back home.

Can't agree with your assessment of the problem being attributable to squares, bucking hasn't been a problem on any of my Sabre-1 canopies nor has flaring been limited by long brakelines. I can front riser my 120 into a vertical dive and land it straight in too. I don't know a thing about Sabre-2 canopies though.
Sometimes you eat the bear..............