ACMESkydiver

NEW wind chill factor calculator...how cold is it when YOU jump??

Holy shnikeys...I was in -48 degrees fahrenheit for 60 seconds on Saturday! No wonder everything HURT SO BAD!!!! :SB|:SB|

Check it out, new and improved:

http://www.bragg.army.mil/www-wx/wxcalc.htm

You'll need to convert your fall rate from MPH to Knots, but that conversion is right on the page, too. So is converting celsius to fahrenheit, if you know your temps aloft in celsius.

Pretty cool. No wonder I was freaking frozen. :P
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

You jump???

wow:P

Whoa. :| Like, my reply...it's gone. So I have to send it again...

:P "THPFTFFTFTFTFTFFTFT!" Why yes I DO jump upon rare occasion! And Saturday was one of 'em. :)
-But I've been paying for it all this week, yeowch...dumb Jaye...>DUMB!< >DUMB!< >DUMB!< B|B|B|B|
~Jaye

:P "THPFTFFTFTFTFTFFTFT!" Why yes I DO jump upon rare occasion! And Saturday was one of 'em. :)
-But I've been paying for it all this week, yeowch...dumb Jaye...>DUMB!< >DUMB!< >DUMB!< B|B|B|B|

Now really, dont you think that someone who is so rarely in the air it would have been better to wait till Safety Day tomorrow, and then after absorbing all that you can manage there by reminding you how to be kinda safe, then and only then should you have attempted to jump. I just think you threw caution to the wind and just were being a risk taker...... ;) What kind of example are you trying to be......

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

:P I didn't hurt myself on the skydives, silly...

I just have this little neck/back thingy goin' on for about a year that ..uh, well isn't so condusive of skydiving, so the doc tells me...[:/]

But WTF does he know? He's just a doctor! :ph34r:

Meh, who cares. Hurts like a SOB anyhoo, might as well try to jump through it! :)

...spoken like a true idiot. :S:P
~Jaye

I had this ongoing arguement with a jump pilot, he said after a certain point the wind chill and temp. aloft becomes mute. After many beers and a few years I gave up on the arguing. Equations suck after 12 beers or so.
Darwin's Watching!

I had this ongoing arguement with a jump pilot, he said after a certain point the wind chill and temp. aloft becomes mute.

-When, in freefall? :S I don't think the wind ever does become mute; it's pretty loud. It may become a moot point, however...:):P
~Jaye