billvon

Snow in San Diego

It's snowing in San Diego! This is pretty rare. Not snowing at sea level, but Julian (30 miles from me) just got about 8 inches, and Descanso got about 4. I'm in Descanso now making snowballs and whatnot. (Actually mainly just sliding around in a car without snow tires; I have chains but sliding is more fun.) They closed the 8 so I'm stuck here right now. Too many southern californians who have never seen snow before are driving their SUV's into trees.

Some pictures:

A picture of the hills from the desert
House in Descanso
Road to Julian
Outside a restaraunt in Julian

A snowboarder in his front yard (he's been waiting ten years for this day!)
Some frozen construction stuff. This picture looks way more like a winter scene from the Berkshires in Massachusetts than a picture of a place 20 miles from San Diego.

Can't think of the name of the bakery there in Julian!?

I think its called the Julian Bakery. Its all about the apple pies in Julian.:)

It's the Julian Pie Company. Mmmmmm..... Good stuff

---
xenaswampjumper SPANKS THIS ASS!!! I WISH karenmeal spanked this ass too.....

This picture looks way more like a winter scene from the Berkshires in Massachusetts

Yes it does, but not right now. All we have is a couple patches of snow left. It was 60 and sunny today. Weird weather patterns.

Still, it must have been a thrill for the folks who never see snow in their own yard.

Chris

Too funny.

Bill, I was going to make the drive over 74 to San Diego today. . .But then I looked at the hills behind my house (I live in La Quinta) and decided since I don't have 4 wheel drive anymore I better stay home. . .lol
FGF #6
Darcy

It's snowing in San Diego! This is pretty rare. Not snowing at sea level, but Julian (30 miles from me) just got about 8 inches, and Descanso got about 4. I'm in Descanso now making snowballs and whatnot. (Actually mainly just sliding around in a car without snow tires; I have chains but sliding is more fun.) They closed the 8 so I'm stuck here right now. Too many southern californians who have never seen snow before are driving their SUV's into trees.

On the Napa side of the tunnel leading from the Golden Gate bridge they had a 28 car or thereabouts pileup when there was standing frozen slush on the pavement. People forget how to drive everytime it rains. When it snows they should just close the roads.

Up here all the hybrids were crashing, though, and the SUV drivers were unscathed.

A snowboarder in his front yard (he's been waiting ten years for this day!)

How did he fair with the fence?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

This picture looks way more like a winter scene from the Berkshires in Massachusetts

Yes it does, but not right now. All we have is a couple patches of snow left. It was 60 and sunny today. Weird weather patterns.

Still, it must have been a thrill for the folks who never see snow in their own yard.

Chris

60s in Chicago too.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

>How did he fair with the fence?

He made a sharp left and ended up going down his driveway.

Cool - cuz the picture makes it look like he's almost out of options.:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun