Muenkel

Anyone here not interested in getting a tattoo?

Good timing for this thread......I just got my first one yesterday after thinking about it for years. I never saw anything I liked well enough to carry around forever, but I came across this last year, and immediately thought "That's the one."

It's an ambigram (meaning it reads the same upside-down as right-side-up -- readable during any flying disciplineB| ). Some of you more well-read folk might recognize it.

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

Chris,

Interesting you should bring this up. I have three, one on my right shoulder, one on my left bicep and one on my right forearm. Two of the three are military in nature that I got when I was 18 years old (30 years ago).

The only one I really regret is the large one on the right forearm which has faded and migrated into one of those older looking tattoos which I even thought about getting lasered (GET OUT - it hasn't been THAT much of a problem).... As I moved out of the military and into the ranks of management and upper management, I found that I could only wear long-sleeved shirts in front of anyone; employees, customers, potential customers, etc.

I'm currently visiting tattoo parlors to get ideas for coverups. The right forearm one, will be a black-inked indian mosaic, the left bicep; he can re-outline and recolor with no problems (I do like that one still) and I'm going to have them place the SCR logo over the existing one on the right shoulder.

Short course - if someone decides to get one - get it in an inconspicous place that you won't regret ten or twenty years from now should you move (or desire to move) up through the ranks of corporate America. (High biceps or above, top rear of shoulders, butts, thighs, etc.)

Having said all that, one of the greatest tattoos I've ever seen was on a guy at Quincy a few years ago. In the middle of his back in an English Gothic font was the word, "FREEDOM" from the middle of one shoulder blade to the other. I remember thinking, "Ya know, I'm jealous. If I had it to do all over again, that's what I would have done. Says it all."
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

i don't have any tats. in my younger days everytime my friends got them and were telling me i should get one i could never justify the expense. and the whole piercing thing got popular after i was well into my 20's and has never really appealed to me. now if someone suggested i get a tat or a piercing. i'd say, "no thanks, i need that money for jumps" blue skies
diamonds are a dawgs best friend

You know....for years I've thought about getting a tattoo. Never have for the reasons you mentioned. Now that I'm (ahem) approaching 40, I think I might actually get one. But I'm gonna wait a little longer to see if I get over it.

What I'm thinking of is the Staff of Aesclepius with color (brown and green) with a pink morning glory vine intertwined. In an inconspicuous place....was thinking maybe on my hip/upper outer thigh. Maybe it's cheesy, but I'm proud of having become a physician as a mom....single mom now. I'm proud of how I've done through this year for the most part, though I've had a melt-down here and there....wtf.

Maybe this year....B|

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

Tattoos are part of the current style, just like clothing and hair. Styles come and go; What was cool yesterday is hopelessly dated today; What is cool today will be hopelessly dated tomorrow. You can adapt your clothes and hair to follow the current trends. Tattoos are much more difficult.

Eh? Tattoos have been around for too long a time to be just a 'style'. Try telling that to the Maoris.

If someone gets a tattoo just because the want to fit in with a style or because the think it's trendy then the chances are they will end up regretting it.

If, on the other hand, someone gets a tattoo because it means something to them, like the one of the name of my brother who died when I was 10 in Hindi Sanksrit, then that is a different story.

All down to the individual, you can't tar everyone with a tattoo with the same brush, although there are alot of people out there with realy shit tattoos that they will regret. Such is life.

------------------------------------------------------
May Contain Nut traces......

1. ID marks
2. Discrimination
3. In some circumstances you may screw yourself out of a good job

I think this has a lot to do with where it's put and/or what the tattoo is of...

The only tattoo's that I've ever tossed around getting are things related to the concept of "truth" because I believe in the phrase "Veritas Omni Vincit" (it means "Truth Concurs All" and I'd put it somewhere that it can be covered up by something like a t-shirt...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

I had a rock climbing uddie that had a lot of tatts on his legs he said he got them there because in the businss world he just has to throw his pants on and he is good to go.
I think it is really stupid the people who get tats on their necks.
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

No thanks. I like my skin the way it is. If I want to decorate myself, I wear jewelry. And just the normal kind...in my earlobs...around my neck..fingers...you know.....

That's funny! You figure what YOU do is normal and what others choose to do is not.

No thanks. I like my skin the way it is. If I want to decorate myself, I wear jewelry. And just the normal kind...in my earlobs...around my neck..fingers...you know.....

That's funny! You figure what YOU do is normal and what others choose to do is not.

Amen brother.....nail on the head!

Amen brother.....nail on the head!

I'm not normal... :|

That's all I've got to say about that... :P

Love this quote:

"We don't judge people for who THEY are. We judge people for who WE are."

I try to keep that in my mind in daily life to remember not to judge people based on what I think is wrong or right or what MY views and beliefs are. I struggle with that, as I believe everyone does from time to time, but I AM trying.

Love this quote:

"We don't judge people for who THEY are. We judge people for who WE are."

I try to keep that in my mind in daily life to remember not to judge people based on what I think is wrong or right or what MY views and beliefs are. I struggle with that, as does everyone from time to time, but I AM trying.

Unfortunately... most of the time we only have ourselves to compare others to... [:/] but I'm with you on this one. B|

That's a great quote. :)

Comparing yourself to others and JUDGING them for that comparison are two different things. I think I am guilty of that everyday. But with everyday comes another chance to be a better person.

Oh, yes... that's what I meant... :$

I have two tats. Three years ago I got the club badge of the football (soccer) team that I support on the side of my right calf and just before Xmas I got the two closing pin / yin yang design on the top of my right arm

I dont have any regrets neither is a problem when it comes to dressing for work etc. Both are simply expressing activities that I'm passionate about and will be for life. I would have more but I have nothing I really want at the moment I could never have one on my back though if I have them I want to be able to see them