Lolie

Yay for MySpace forums! (a.k.a. These things annoy me.)

There's a dude with 39 jumps giving a dude with 15 jumps advice on downsizing on a MySpace forum. Then when I had the nerve to suggest he talk to his instructor, I got totally blown off. Awesome. I hope these guys stay in the sport long enough to realize how silly the conversation they're having actually sounds. :D

-Miranda
you shall above all things be glad and young / For if you're young,whatever life you wear
it will become you;and if you are glad / whatever's living will yourself become.

Here.

My favorite part is when the guy with 39 jumps says, "Disclaimer 2: i appologize if my thoughts are incoherent, i was pretty wasted last night and still am lost dazed and confused."

Sheer awesomeness. :D

-Miranda
you shall above all things be glad and young / For if you're young,whatever life you wear
it will become you;and if you are glad / whatever's living will yourself become.

It might be a better idea to refer them to www.dropzone.com

That way, we can critique them more properly B|

I tried to post a link to www.dropzone.com from my own myspace account, but I need to be a member for 7 days before posting.

Of course, dropzone.com is not the perfect place either and the answer "TALK TO INSTRUCTOR!" is the right one, BUT better information can obviously be had here than on myspace (I think that everyone would agree with me here). And some of us can post links to articles geared towards newbie skydivers, to help them save their lives properly! And moderators can keep an eye on personal attacks. ;)

It might be a better idea to refer them to http://www.dropzone.com

That way, we can critique them more properly

Well, of course that would be a better idea, but so much less entertaining for me. Besides, I'm pretty sure he's not going to listen to anything I say now. :D

-Miranda

HI-larious. Nicely done. You're my new best friend.

-Miranda

Oh, and I also like the part where he calls me "mom". Y'know, because I'm so old and stuff.

-Miranda

A 15 jump skydiver likely won't get canopy advice on this site.

True, true....

But better here than myspace. This site is obviously more interesting to a 15-jump skydiver. Even if they don't post, they can still read other articles on this site.

Better yet, heed the advice to listen to instructor....there are way many scary moments in skydiving and dumb mistakes to make (myself included).

There's a dude with 39 jumps giving a dude with 15 jumps advice on downsizing on a MySpace forum.

Which part of the advice of the 39 jump guy do you disagree with?

Him describing his experience going from a nav to a saber? Him saying he downsized too quickly between the 220 and 210? Him recommending that the other guy read the sim and talk to his instructors?

This site is obviously more interesting to a 15-jump skydiver.

Unless they're just getting off on "being cool" on MySpace. I don't think this guy is really looking for advice... or if he is, someone should teach him how to use Google. I doubt he'd have much trouble getting here if he was really wanting advice.

-Miranda

Which part of the advice of the 39 jump guy do you disagree with?

I'm not saying I disagree with what he's saying--it's just the whole tone of the conversation that seems silly to me. If it was something I had written with 39 jumps, I would look back to it in a year and realize how little I really understood about the canopy I was flying.

Or maybe I'm just pissed that the guy called me "mom" and then blew me off. :P

-Miranda

I'm not saying I disagree with what he's saying--it's just the whole tone of the conversation that seems silly to me. If it was something I had written with 39 jumps, I would look back to it in a year and realize how little I really understood about the canopy I was flying.

Or maybe I'm just pissed that the guy called me "mom" and then blew me off.

Well, you tried to help him and give him the benefit of your experience and he blew you off. His loss.

Richards
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

There's a dude with 39 jumps giving a dude with 15 jumps advice on downsizing on a MySpace forum. Then when I had the nerve to suggest he talk to his instructor, I got totally blown off. Awesome. I hope these guys stay in the sport long enough to realize how silly the conversation they're having actually sounds. :D

i thought i told him to talk to his instructor? i cant remember.. i was on a bad hangover when i wrote that. by the way.. hello, my name is steven.

edit: oh, and what i have written there is what i got after erasing a couple much more harsh, talk to your instructor stuff. .. i see nothing wrong with giving my own experiences to a person.
CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720