Cudlo

The Unit

super secret ultra trained special forces. Aparently part of the Army. Seems to resemble SEAL team Six. A counter terrorist unit.

CAG - Combat Applications Group; ie. Delta Force B|:ph34r:

Sgt. Maj. Eric Haney is a tech advisor and former Delta dude.

Seriously dissappointed John. I watched it alone..as my SO is deployed ...for the 2nd time, 16 out of the last 18 months.

Dissapointed in what? My view on the "wife" angle in the show?

Hey, it's my opinion, and is designed for selfish me, not for everyone else. I'm sorry if it disappoints you. I'll certainly respect your opinion if you disagree with me.

Thank you for your husband's service, and for your sacrifice. I know the feeling, as I was away from my wife and kids for a total of about 22 months out of my 5 years in the Marines. I didn't get to see either one of my sons take their first steps. I know it's not easy. And the pay stinks too!

Episode 3-14-06.

I enjoyed the scenes of the team in the Otter making their escape from Africa with the critical part of the downed Chinese satellite.

It was clever how they put the night-glow radium parts from their watches and compasses into the satellite box, to fool their adversaries into believing that they actually had the part they wanted.

Was that Otter a jump plane from some DZ? The tail number was painted over... But it had a roll-up door common to Otter jump planes. Do other Otter utility aircraft use that type of door, or is it unique to skydiving? It also had bench seats running down both sides, just like a jump plane.

The placards on the back wall were kind of weird. There were three sets, saying things like "Seatbelts on until 1,000'", and repeated in four different languages: English, Spanish, Arabic, and I can't remember the other. Does that ring a bell for a particular jump aircraft, or is that something added by the movie crew to give the plane the look of an international covert operations aircraft?

And did anyone notice the noise made by the Otter in flight? It sounded like a piston engine aircraft! It definitely did not sound like a turboprop as it should. The sound artists really screwed that one up after the fact.