Cudlo

The Unit

Just saw the premiere... nice show. One thing that bothered me tho... why is it whenever they make a military themed show there has to be marital infidelity in the first episode? I am sure there were others but just off the top of my head "Over There" and now "The Unit" both have one of the wives cheating on her husband in the very first episode...

Is this really necessary?

Just saw the premiere... nice show. One thing that bothered me tho... why is it whenever they make a military themed show there has to be marital infidelity in the first episode? I am sure there were others but just off the top of my head "Over There" and now "The Unit" both have one of the wives cheating on her husband in the very first episode...

(obscure baseball "humor")

Let me know when Randy Johnson guest stars.

ever been in the military? cheating IS rampant...

hell if you've ever been to Hood, just look for the Tide box in the window when the Division is deployed/in the field...

it has more to do with the AGE most service members get married at, but add lack of attention due to spouses being away continually (lately) and you'll begin recognize there is ALWAYS more going on than even the rumor mill reports...

I know it happens (hell.. 3/4 of the people I enlisted with were cheating before they got out of MEPS.) What I am asking is... why does it have to be in the first damn episode? Can't I enjoy ONE episode without having to see that shit?

[Start Butthead Accent] huuuu huuuuuh.... he said unit huuu huuuuu.[End Butthead Accent]

---
xenaswampjumper SPANKS THIS ASS!!! I WISH karenmeal spanked this ass too.....

Just saw the premiere... nice show. One thing that bothered me tho... why is it whenever they make a military themed show there has to be marital infidelity in the first episode?

I wish they would have left the whole "wives at home" part out of the show all together. Who gives a crap? It's about the soldiers kicking terrorist ass. That's what they should concentrate on.

It was a pretty neat Cessna-182 side-slip landing on that country road.

As for exiting a plane at 35,000 feet, at night, and landing their parachutes exactly in front of your teammates on the ground? I'm not so sure about that one... I didn't see any infrared beacons.

I liked the warning the boss made to the reluctant do-nothing commander on the ground: "Three of my best men are up there in the woods. If you give our position away to the terrorists, they'll be down here to take care of you."

Oh, and it was nice of the terrorists to quit fighting back long enough for him to reload his pistol with a fresh magazine. Excellent timing, when you can get them to cooperate like that.

I'm still confused as to what side-sliping had to do with anything... I think they heard a term and just really wanted to use it somewhere.

:D John, you want to complain about no infrared beacons?! That breaks it for you, but the not prebreathing for a high-alti jump, that was ok with you? :D:D:D

Eh, I'm not altogether impressed with the show. I might watch it if I'm bored, but President Palmer trying to be a bad ass with a gun just doesn't work for me.
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

because the show is selling itself as 'true to life' hell they are even using state of the art cellphone encryption devices 'just for show'...:S

If they are supposed to be true to like they shouldnt have used such obviously fake freefall footage
__

My mighty steed

Dammit b^2 - stop trying to be the voice of sanity. If someone doesn't like something, then it's crap and should be disallowed. Stop trying to convince the world otherwise.

Now damnit blue...he is entitled to his opinion for sure, I was just pointing out that maybe there are some that could relate (like me):P
I found the show to be a bit out there...but hey that too is just my own .02:)

I'm still confused as to what side-sliping had to do with anything... I think they heard a term and just really wanted to use it somewhere.

:D John, you want to complain about no infrared beacons?! That breaks it for you, but the not prebreathing for a high-alti jump, that was ok with you? :D:D:D

Well the made it sound like the side-slipping might be to help avoid rocket fire from the terrorist spotters hiding in the woods, but it also could have been just to get down to the road and land quickly, without taking the time for a normal line-up. I'm not even sure a rocket could home-in on a Cessna - would it generate enough of a heat signature? It ain't spittin' fire like a military jet.

Pre-breathing O2? The plane was pressurized, so we're supposed to think that was all they needed. Once they opened the door, they had their bail-out O2 masks on.

Did you notice the delay between the two jumpers? Heck, at the speed of that jet, the 2nd guy would have been hundreds of yards behind the 1st one out.

They did have a cool effect of a wispy cloud layer coming up at them, with the ground beyond it. I liked that touch.

And what was with that freaky freefall track position, while they were flying in no-contact formation?

I wish they would have left the whole "wives at home" part out of the show all together. Who gives a crap?

Maybe all the wives and SOs at home in real life who serve just as their counterparts do?

Yep, I figure that was the show's attempt to keep the female viewers happy, as they watch with their hubby's.