peacefuljeffrey

Little psycho cat...

My little Wee Belle Wing (siamese runt with a gammy foreleg) is reared up at the television, chuffing and swatting at the pelicans and geese flying on "Winged Migration" -- HOLY SHIT, she just jumped off the ground at the screen to try to get the geese following the ultralight!! :D :D :D

Poor little confusacat. She's also hopelessly in heat and can't get no satisfaction... [:/]

Do your pets react to the t.v. I have never had a dog or a cat that did it until this one...

-
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

Yes, several of mine do. Abby loves the news scroll on MSNBC, and Simon has been known to "talk" back to the television. He tends to prefer movies - louder sound, and it winds him right up. Makes it a little hard to watch them peacefully, but hey, he's funny. Abby, at the moment, is apparently allergic to the floor; she has been going through the house from one piece of furniture to another, avoiding touch-down. That cat can jump!

But I've got to ask - why is Belle in heat? Are you planning on breeding her? Probably not a good idea with a genetic issue like her leg. So get her fixed as quickly as you can; it's not easy living with a cat in heat, nor is it safe (they can escape faster than liquid silver when they are in heat...). Getting her spayed would make things so much nicer for both of you.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

No no no, she's in heat because we took her in as a stray, as opposed to from a shelter, and haven't had the time/money to get her to the place to get her a discount spaying. Gonna do it soon, rest assured. :$ In the meantime, she's a frickin' HUSSY!!!!! :S :D

-
-Jeffrey

Good on you for taking in a stray, and a handicapped one at that. I know a network of shelters around the country that will spay for little to no cost in some cases. PM me your city, and I'll see if there's one around you.

Yes, she will be a hussy; she's fed, comfortable, and relatively safe...what else is there to do but bring kittens into the world? She's street walking for sure, but it really can be hell on the humans, and also isn't too good for her.

So let me know if I can help...

Ciels-
Michele

Good on you for taking in a stray, and a handicapped one at that. I know a network of shelters around the country that will spay for little to no cost in some cases. PM me your city, and I'll see if there's one around you.

Well, I'm in West Palm Beach, and they will do the spay for $50 at the Peggy Adams Rescue League thingie (which, incidentally, is where I got my Feather -- pre-spayed).

Is there somewhere cheaper? The vet's office wanted like over $200 and I was like, "You gotta be kidding!" They try to sell it as they're giving your pet such better care, but come on... Every stray I ever had came to me through a shelter that had spayed it -- my sister's cat, my other cat prior to these two, my current cat, and Wee (who is kinda my girlfriend's cat, though she stays here with me). They didn't botch it or something. So the $150+ difference is ... what exactly? :S

Yes, she will be a hussy; she's fed, comfortable, and relatively safe...what else is there to do but bring kittens into the world? She's street walking for sure, but it really can be hell on the humans, and also isn't too good for her.

OMG hussy is too mild a word! :D It's amazing how instinct tells her exactly how to, um, display herself... [:/]

-
-Jeffrey

the $150 difference is because the vet will do blood tests to check for problems and to figure out the anesthesia levels. The low cost places usually don't do that and just make an educated guess. The majority of the time the animal is just fine. There's a rare chance that it'll react to anesthesia without the tests.

Thanks. I love the cat and all, but frankly, I'm poor, and so she's going to have the bargain spaying. Her warbling and...well... goopy dripping (EWWWW!!) is getting really hard on my nerves... :S Plus, it's hard to see her suffer in want. She wants it bad!...

-
-Jeffrey

My cat is a Lakers fan. I hate the Lakers in particular and basketball in general, but my ex boyfriend taught my cat to love watching Lakers games. The cat runs up to the TV and sits right under it, staring straight up at the screen and watching the basketball go back and forth on the court. He gets in a snit if I change the channel.

'Kay, here you go. The best three choices are:

Spay Shuttle Program
Palm Beach County Animal Care and Control
7100 Belevedere Rd
West Palm Beach, FL 33411
561-233-SPAY or 561-233-1261
For cats and dogs of low income county residents who provide proof of residency and income, the Spay Shuttle provides very low cost spay/neuter, rabies vaccination, and a county license tag. People must go to the Spay Shuttle between 8 and 9 am with their clean, leashed dogs or cats in carriers. Pets go home in the afternoon. Call for details.

Animal Rescue League
3200 North Military Trail
West Palm Beach, FL
561-686-3663

Palm Beach Cat Rescue
292 South County Road, #247
Palm Beach, FL 33480
561-655-8245
Low cost spay/neuter program for ferals

The last option is generally for ferals, but give it a go and see. Sometimes they work with adopters, as well...I've had good success with feral societies because of my trapping/rehoming work, but I don't know the temperament out there in FLA...

The first option would be your best; I don't know how they determine low income, but it's apparently the most comprehensive program out there, and (I think) includes the 4 vaccines your kitty needs.

Good luck, and let me know how it goes. Get her spayed ASAP; she needs the relief, and I know you do, as well.

Ciels-
Michele