crashtested

parchutes des france - wheres my bloody rig

As Bigway has said, i did get a reply from the distributor, but it did not really give me an answer just a later date as to when they might have info.
(this to me was a worry)

The post was intended to get me some direct numbers or emails, where i could find out the awnser for myself. I know a bit about sales, and how sometimes the truth and reality are a little bit apart.

If it turned out that PDF had 1500 rigs on order from there september offer and they normally turned around 700 rigs a year(i don't know the figure no idea) i would guess that i would not get my rig for some time yet. which would be a little gutting and a really expensive year for me having to spend loads of money on kit hire?

I Am getting loads of help on this from loads of people. so a big thanks to you all!!

I'll keep everyone uptodate on what happens.

500 exactly * 3 pieces = 1500 pieces. At their production ratio, it might be a long long wait...

Since their target when their factory in South Africa will fully operationnal is 240 rig a month, it may not be as long as some may think...
The next weeks will tell us if their are able to reach their objectives...

How about a post that says: "Does anyone have a current number for Parachutes de France? I'm trying to contact them to get an estimated completion date for my rig."

I'm just guessing, but that might have gotten you to the same place we are now.

Would have been less fun for the rest of us to watch, though. :D

We're not all gifted with the tact and diplomacy of those such as yourself. Btw, missed you and the Monkey by not beeing at Eloy this year. Some hugs your way....

Chill!3-4 months is nothing for PdF.I placed my order for a Legend R in November 05 (yes,you read it right!) and I'm still waiting!Not happy about it,but it's the rig I want.
The problem happened when they moved the factory from Mauritius to South Africa.Still no excuse,I know.
Apparently,a shipment of rigs has arrived in France.Hopefully,mine's in there somewhere.If not,there's another lot coming in next month.However,if you ordered when they offered the free main deal,yours will not be ready until April at the earliest.Otherwise it'll be August,apparently.They took 500 complete rig orders when they offered the free main.Also,communication is crap within PdF.Head office struggle to communicate with the factory.
All I can say is hang in there.At least you haven't been waiting 14 months!!!! I know,I must be mad!
Good luck

God gave men 2 brains,but only enough blood to fill one at a time....I can live with that.

It looks like I may have got it in august, but a little bird told me my wait might have been the same as yours - 18 months -

DOn't get me wrong i ordered a pdf for the same reasons as you, good quality gear, well made, suits my needs.. and i love the detail..

but its my first rig so i can't afford to wait that long..
i'm looking to make 300 - 400 jumps this year
x that by £20 rig hire per jump = massive debt

however.........
My wonderful distributor is trying to sort somthing else out for me while i wait (a PDF DEMO) or allow me to change choice of companies.. so i'm a happy man now!!!

Good luck to PDF though... and i hope your rig arrives soon!!

Dude,where are you jumping????£20 rig hire is a lot.It's £10 at Hinton including a pack job.
Just try not to think about the rig.It's crap weather anyway this time of year so you won't be jumping as much.
At the end of the day,it's up to you,but,I'd stick with PdF.In my opinion,it's the best rig on the market in its price range.
God gave men 2 brains,but only enough blood to fill one at a time....I can live with that.

Dude, you need to cut your losses now!
There are plenty of other very good rig manufacturers out there.
I suggest you contact PDF and specifically ask for a completion date, if they can't provide this or they stall/give no response then you have a legitimate right to cancel your order and recieve every penny back you have outlayed.
I would not muck around on this. Either they buck up or you cancel. Waiting 18 months for a rig is UNACCEPTABLE!!!!

I'm not giving up now!I know there are lots of other decent rigs out there.I thought about the V3 and G4 but can't justify the extra money.(Plus,recently,the finishing quality on the V3 has deteriorated)
I've waited 14 months,which I know is unacceptable,but,like I said,it's the container I want,so I'm seeing it through to the bitter end.

Summer??? Really?// No shit, i would not have known that. It is terrible weather out here at the moment.

Life is good, got a house with a swimming pool, couple of puppies and a fast as fuk car... just need a bike again.

Let us know if you ever come to oz, spare room and car here at your disposal.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Holy shit!It's arrived!:)
Now all I've got to do is assemble the fucker,pack it all and see if it fits!:SAt least I've now got a use for the cypres that's been sat in my bag doing nothing for 8 months!
BTW build quality is still good,which is a reliefB|

Holy shit!It's arrived!:)
Now all I've got to do is assemble the fucker,pack it all and see if it fits!:SAt least I've now got a use for the cypres that's been sat in my bag doing nothing for 8 months!
BTW build quality is still good,which is a reliefB|

Yap, now if you had a cutaway and lost reserve pilot chute you only have to wait another one for 15 months to jumt the rig again [:/] A have Atom too, already bought a back up rig :|

Cancel the order and get something else. With the falling US dollar you can get gear from the States in 8-16 weeks (July - August) and potentially save money even if you figure in the free main offer.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

you.I don't know who is worse. the person letting pdf mess them around like this or pdf.

cancel your order. it is bullshit what they are doing to you. I am positive maddy will give you a full refund and get you in a nice rig within 4 months.

wow this is unbelivable. The pdf guys lurk this website. maybe they should make a post here explaining them selves because right now they have to be considered the most unreliable manufacturers on the planet.
15months for a rig? fuck that right off. I would be pissed off if one of my manufacturers expected me to let one of mu customers know they had to wait that time.
what's the bet in december they announce they are bankrupt and can not deliver?

get your money back.

phone maddy, she will be very understanding.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store