crashtested

parchutes des france - wheres my bloody rig

Seriously does anyone have a clue on when my rig is going to arrive, I ordered it 3 - 4 months ago, and it still is in the land of the fiarys. where things like this are made???

I have emailed the shop where it was ordered, and have been told that some of the orders have been processed but due to the special offer they were doing on them (free main with complete Package)
That they have now put themselves in the preverbial shite again, ad can't make them all.

Was not the reason for them doing the offer to give people faith in the production time??

If anyone has any info or works for them and knows the time spans now involved could let us know.. that would get you a biscuit..

Yes, of course.

I know exactly when you will get it.

But I'm not telling.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

3-4 months? Dayum, I was quoted 26 weeks on gear recently you should feel lucky.

I'm sure offering a free main has increased their work load and manufactures just can't *hire* more people for the temporary work.

What delivery time have they quoted you in the beginning?

Seriously does anyone have a clue on when my rig is going to arrive, I ordered it 3 - 4 months ago, and it still is in the land of the fiarys

6+ months is not particularly unusual from a lot of big name rig manufacturers. I'm not sure what you think is odd about waiting 3-4 months?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Twice I ordered a rig from Northern Lite, the maker of the Infinity rig, and I had both rigs within 6-7 weeks. Of course, that was 12 and 9 years ago... Times may have changed since.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

2 (maybe 3) years ago when infinity was moving from one place to the next we (My GF and alot of other mesquite locals) ordered infiniti's. I was shocked at how quickly they arrived. Some arrived sooner than others but all arrived in few months.

I love thier riser covers ,too.
If I hadn't already owned 2 rigs I would buy an Infinity.
My photos

My Videos

It was just my smart-ass way of saying "settle down and settle in and wait." You aren't the first newbie to come into the sport and wonder why manufacturers don't have their rigs done overnight, and you won't be the last.

Skydiving manufacturers are small operations, making a small number of highly-specialized (generally) customized products per year. They have a small staff, and do their best to give good faith estimates of when orders will be ready for their customers. This is not just-in-time widget manufacturing we're talking about here.

As others have said, 3-4 months is not an unusual lead time at all for a rig; it's about average. Some manufacturers run as long as 6 months at certain times.

You emailed the manufacturer, they responded and let you know the current status ... was there anything else you expected to happen by whining about it on here?
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I would not expect people who only had 330 jumps calling me a noob.

And some1 who may work for the company, letting me know what is going on...

There website has not worked for months, they have changed factory address and telephone number.

What would be useful if i could get a contact number with out some knober giving me shit about posting a thread when i have spent the best part of all my earnings on buying something.

But thats just by opinion!

Yes that may be an opinion but being accusational to anyone in a public forum is gonna get you trashed.

We have ALL been there, man.

Many of us spent more then we should have to buy our gear. Me, included. I waited way too long for it but I was smart enough to inquire the proper way about it.

I know how frustrating it can be when you lay down $3500-$5000 and not hear anything for months about it, but all you have to say was.

"Hey guys, Newbie here and I have a concern/question I was hoping you could help me address.
I ordered my gear X months ago and have not heard anything about it yet. I tried to contact the company and heard they were in the process of moving. Can anyone help me contact them So I can get reassurance that my rig/ money has not been forgotten about?"

And, by the way, if someone with 3 jumps called you a newbie it would still be true.
My photos

My Videos

She's also got 3years in and has probably seen this more times than you.

Sounds like YOU have the problem of finding a phone number and have failed to clearly ask for that information then have become salty when no one jumped forth and handed the answer to you on a platter.

Have fun with that.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

PdF delay was over 1year on rigs, but seems to have gotten shorter recently.

Try there :
(from Wuza.com, the french forum)

Parachutes de France n'existe plus ......... !!!
C'est Aérazur.
Vous pouvez lez joindre au 02-47-80-26-00.

so for you that would be +33 247 80 26 00
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

as I understand there have been major modifications inside the Zodiac group, which added to the "recent" relocation of the production in South Africa which did not run as smoothly as planned, might not be super great for production deadlines.

BUT, despit ethe fact that I am not super fan of their main canopies, their reserve is very good and their rig is IMHO one of the best products on the market.

The best solution with them is to buy a 2nd hand rig.

If you're gonna be a skydiver purchasing new gear....plan on waiting. A lot.
Don't *EVER* believe in delivery dates any more than you believe in Santa Claus. Better still, believe in Santa Claus before believing in delivery dates. Even if you pay a rush fee.
It's happened on every piece of "made for me" gear I've purchased.
At only 60 jumps, you'd likely have done better buying used, as you'll likely want newer gear when you've added another couple hundred to your logbook.

If you're gonna be a skydiver purchasing new gear....plan on waiting. A lot

this can be true but also the reverse can be true. I am a Wings dealer and I often have rigs arrive early from them for my customers.

I guess it is just one of those things. B|
I like my canopy...

...it lets me down.

Seriously does anyone have a clue on when my rig is going to arrive, I ordered it 3 - 4 months ago, and it still is in the land of the fiarys. where things like this are made???

I have emailed the shop where it was ordered, and have been told that some of the orders have been processed but due to the special offer they were doing on them (free main with complete Package)
That they have now put themselves in the preverbial shite again, ad can't make them all.

Was not the reason for them doing the offer to give people faith in the production time??

If anyone has any info or works for them and knows the time spans now involved could let us know.. that would get you a biscuit..

Another person bringing their personal BUSINESS with another manufacturer to bitch and moan about se4rvice.
The thing that i find FUCKIN hillarious about it is that they have entrusted this person to make them a rig that will alst a kifetime and save their lives countless times but they still have the ordasity to bring their complaint to a public forum to bitch and moan about them because they have waited the STANDARD 12 weeks. So lucky it is not 26 weeks like other manufacturers can be and they come here and complain to try and make a stink.

Do people now ring up manufacturers and threaten them on the phone " If you dont have my rig ready by the end of the day i am going to go and make a public post on dropzone.com, so there ". Grow the fuck up.

Never would i ever dare to buy a life saving/sport rig off a company and then go to skydivings biggest website in the sport and moan about them and air any personal business problems when i am waiting for them to finish building it. JEsus christ, some people are so nast6y, selfish and mean spirited to others.

Learn how to be patient. You must have been b ought up spoilt, just cause you have to wait a bit longer you come here and bad mouth a company who are workign their ass off to build you a quality rig. If you have a problem take it directly to them, dont go and make a p[ublic stink about it.

What a nasty nasty person.

Far too many people come think that just because they bitch and moan and make their issues known worldwide that the company should drop to their knees.

Getting way out of hand.

By the way, if you phoned them you would get an answer, if that answer was not good enough for you why the fuck would you come to these forums and ask the question?

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

There website has not worked for months, they have changed factory address and telephone number.

Sounds like you picked a winner of a company. :|

You are correct. He did. They are a brilliant company and very popular.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

If you're gonna be a skydiver purchasing new gear....plan on waiting. A lot

this can be true but also the reverse can be true. I am a Wings dealer and I often have rigs arrive early from them for my customers.

I guess it is just one of those things. B|

As do most wings distributors and from many other manufacturers. They are very careful and usually quote a week or two longer so that they dont get caught out in these sort of bullshit threads.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Sounds like you picked a winner of a company. :|

You are correct. He did. They are a brilliant company and very popular.

Okay, then he needs to learn how to use a telephone.
SCR #14809

"our attitude is the thing most capable of keeping us safe"
(look, grab, look, grab, peel, punch, punch, arch)

Everyone just needs to learn to be more patient. HEll, these people are building a piece of equipment that you entrust your lives in. Some where along the line something may have happened, someone might have died or a friend in the sport may have died and slowed things up for a week, they may have had a black out, we dont fucking know but we need to be patient.

If you ever order anything in the skydiving weorld, the people taking those orders are just like the rest of us, they are mainly skydivers who love the sport and love everybody in it and give the best possible time quote they have but things change.

Dont biotch and moan about it cause there will be a day that they will be on a load with you and you were the asshole who bitched and moaned about them. You would feel stink.

We are a family who are trying to keep this sport alive, if you want to bring manufacturers down then you are brining the sport down.

You need to support skydiving manufacturers cause we are lucky people are building rigs for this vbery small minority of 200,000 members worldwide. If it was not for them we would be truly fucked.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Everyone just needs to learn to be more patient.

I disagree. We're all shelling out hard-earned $$. If the manufacturer quotes a delivery date, and sticks to it, that's terrific. If the manufacturer quotes a date and doesn't stick to it and also doesn't take the time to communicate that they aren't sticking to it, then they've earned whatever folks say about them on DZ.com or anywhere else. It's our $$, and if I feel I've been mislead, I'll let the world know. If I receive great customer service and delivery, I'll let the world know. That's why PD, Rigging Innovations, and L&B will always get the first look when I'm in "buying gear" mode. They've each provided me great service.

If it was not for them we would be truly fucked.

No, we wouldn't. Just as when Sandy Reid saw a huge hole in the container industry and started Rigging Innovations (inventing many of the features we see on all rigs today) or just asBill Coe, Bill Booth and others saw certain areas of the industry as lacking....enterprising people will fill holes, whether they're product holes, customer service holes, feature holes, or supply/demand holes. Just as you saw a hole/opportunity to become a gear dealer. And from what I've read, a damn good one, but manufacturing is beyond your control.

i gave you a phone number and can give you a 9 months delay. Can I get my biscuit now ?

Serious, if the shop where you ordered can't help you , how can we ?

Where did you order it BTW ? (you can PM me)

I just think people need to give manufactueres a chance before coming and slagging them off world wide. People are doing it far too often here.

Every week there is someone who comes here and rubs a manufacturers name in the mud.

It is like it is becoming standard practice to threaten manufacturers that if they are late people will come here and make threads to put their name through the mud.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store