FlyinDawg

A new rig....

Finally, my rig arrive at ChutingStar. Thanks to Mike for help me everything to get a rig. I'm still looking for Spectre 230 with nice colors. Anyway, look at 2 pictures, Mike sent it for me. One more color will be add white PC reserve later.
Flyin' Dawg or SkyDog

"To understand is to forgive, even oneself."

Finally, my rig arrive at ChutingStar. Thanks to Mike for help my everything to get a rig. I'm still looking for Spectre 230 with nice colors. Anyway, look at 2 pictures, Mike sent it for me. One more color will be add white PC reserve later.

Glad to see you went with new gear and didn't try to "save" with used.
Sharp rig. Very nice and clean colors.

Why not save and get used gear? I just don't understand why so many new jumpers go straight to new gear. I'd steer new guys to purchase used gear...use the extra money to jump.

Anyways...nice rig ;)

Hey Marquis,

Yes, if you can find a full-used setup that has a harness that fits you appropriately and has the size of canopies you need/want, then all used is a perfect option at any time. But factors such as harness size, container size, wear/tear, price, age and the like can sometimes make used a tough find for certain body & canopy sizes.

Usually the next step is a combination of used/new with the first recommendation a new container to get the correct fit and security of new gear/technology. A new rig like Billy's Wings can then be outfitted with used canopies and AAD to save a bit of money. It's usually much easier to find a good used canopy because there are less "options" between, lets say Spectre 230s, than there are between Wings containers that would fit Spectre 230s...if that makes sense.

Anywho, for whatever that's worth, that's what Billy is doing. He couldn't find a complete used rig that fit or had the right sized canopies or that was in acceptable condition. So he's starting with a new container and is now looking for used canopies and AAD to go in it.

Mike
ChutingStar.com

Is that reserve handle the type that is about 1/2 the normal width, or is it a standard D-handle? I definitely prefer the reduced width style, it fits into the harness the same as std, and was not any harder to find when I needed it.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Nice rig man!

Usually the next step is a combination of used/new with the first recommendation a new container to get the correct fit and security of new gear/technology. A new rig like Billy's Wings can then be outfitted with used canopies and AAD to save a bit of money.

I did the same thing with my first rig, just couldn't find something together with everything i wanted. I bought a container new and filled it with used stuff that was still in great shape and it lasted me several years, in fact the guy i sold the container to still jumps it, so i see it all the time.:D

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

Billy! Kick-ass, dude!

Neener, neener, neener...I saw it before you did!
:D:D:P

Canopy?

Talk to Charlie A....he has a 120 Nitro that he wants to sell you...he hasn't had any luck selling it to any other youngsters yet.
:D:D

j/k Billy, et. al.

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Why not save and get used gear? I just don't understand why so many new jumpers go straight to new gear. I'd steer new guys to purchase used gear...use the extra money to jump.

Anyways...nice rig ;)

agree completely but I guess someone has to buy the new gear and then sell at less than half price a couple of years later. My first rig was new but never again - I'd rather spend the cash on a coach/camp or just jumps...

I would just buy everything separate if needed. it's not rocket science.

rm

Hey, I offered you a Spectre 230, but you're too hung up on color I guess. :P

Ok, so it's ugly! I had it hung up in the hanger hooking it up, and one of the staff vidiots walked by, looked at the canopy, looked at me, and said "You didn't pick those colors, did you?" :D

"If all you ever do is all you ever did, then all you'll ever get is all you ever got."

Good news for me. Mike found Spectre 210 and PD-R 218 plus AAD Argus for my rig. It will be ready by weekend. B|B|B| Thanks to Mike for do everything with his rigging service. I recommend everyone to do business with him when you need gears from his ChutingStar Loft.

Flyin' Dawg or SkyDog

"To understand is to forgive, even oneself."