skyflyingbecca

Cingular just raped me for $1200.00!!!

:o

I signed up for discounted International calling a few months ago and just saw my bill..... They are still charging me normal international rates..... So every time I thought it was 6 cents a min it was almost 1.50. >:(

Of course I had to notice this in the middle of the night when their offices are closed. And their website is down for maintenance. >:(

I am going to be sick, seriously I am so nauseous.
:(

I know to call them in the morning, but I know their deal and know they will find a way to screw me, probably lose the phone records of me signing up for it, etc.

Advice anyone?
Besides getting a lawyer? >:(:S:(

"I know it's friday night, but come on. Surely there's something better to do than yell at people on the internet?" - Tom A.

Tmobile screwed up my bill a couple of times by not enacting plans I had signed up for and said I owed them much more than I really did. I just went to the local store and told them what was going on and they took care of it.

Call or go to your local store and explain. If you signed up for a plan it might not have been enacted when it was supposed to be and they should fix it. for you. Raise hell if they give you crap.

On the phone. The first lady I talked to sounded like a ditz so I called back to make sure everything was still ok with it, that it had gone through. and the 2nd person said yes it was all set up. :S:S

"I know it's friday night, but come on. Surely there's something better to do than yell at people on the internet?" - Tom A.

Unfortunately over the phone is the hardest way to prove that it happened. IF it got recorded they're the only ones that have a record.

They SHOULD fix it for you, but on the chance that they don't, it'll be really hard to prove.

Thank god for the new law allowing you to take your same phone number to a different provider.

I really hope so but I know Cingular and I am so worried they won't honor it....

Can't sleep or puke and I really feel like I need to puke

Meanwhile the bill has already gone through my checking automatically and it overdrafted my account and cc payments might bounce in the meantime.

I only have Cingular cause my family does and we can talk free, plus they were the only ones whose towers worked during the Hurricane.... I have to switch anyway now, this is stressing me out!

Thanks for the support guys!!

Meanwhile the bill has already gone through my checking automatically and it overdrafted my account and cc payments might bounce in the meantime

That does suck. I HAD automated debit as well. The deal was when they corrected their mistake they didn't credit me but just took off from what I would have owed in the coming month.. I won't let them take from my checking account anymore. Just keep going over heads if you have to until it's solved and tell them you will take your business elsewhere.

Ok, first stop the automatic online payments, for any bill, for that exact reason. I don't mind making online payments, but I prefer to authorize each one.

Second, check your bank's website. If they have free bill pay, pay your bills through your bank's website instead of through the company's website. If you give your payment info to the company, they can take those kinds of payments themselves. Best not to give them more info than is required.

Best of luck to you. ;)

I Fucking HATE cell phone companies. Back when I had MCI they double billed me, then it took me 4 months to get that fixed, then another two months to get rid of the late fees on the double billed portion. I hate cingular too, but I will not get in to that. I call them CRAPULAR for several reasons

JAMES

My advice: Go into the store and deal with a REAL person...not a phone idiot.

I had some issues when I was trying to upgrade my phone service back in December. Every time I called customer service, someone told me something that turned out to not be true. When I finally broke down and went into the store, all the answers from all the different employees in the store matched....but not to what I had been told on the phone previously.

Customer service phone reps suck big time!
Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

Customer service phone reps suck big time!

:D

Seriously though, if you ever deal with phone reps for anything, keep detailed records of the conversation. I have a log which details date and time of the phone call, name of the representative and summary of the conversation. Also, if you are ordering anything on the phone get a confirmation number! This will help you deal with them (or in court if you must).

I know this does not help the situation now, but it's for future reference!
Jen

When I was scrounging for work after moving to the east coast, I worked in a Cingular call center. There's a reason I won't own a cell phone now.

In one month, submitted over $20K in incorrectly billed charges for customers. And they won't do a thing until you catch it and complain. :S>:(
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

They just opened at 7am EST (it's 7:40 here now) and I am hold while they do a "re-rate" He said it will take a long time to go through the whole bill. But they ARE gonna fix it and thank god I don't have to go to court - yet :S

When they added the $3.99/mo for the discounted International calling, they didn't adjust the rate I was being charged. Thank god the guy I am on the phone with now seems great - very competent & helpful.

All your advice is very helpul and I will rectify my mistakes right away, thanks guys!

Go into the store and deal with a REAL person...not a phone idiot

I agree but the problem is that most of the branches here are just retail stores and can't do big account changes, you have to go into an actual "cingular corporate" store for real service, and they are always slammed and unfriendly. :S

I call them CRAPULAR for several reasons

I will have to remember that! hehehe

Becca, I had a bank screw up an account years ago. There mistake made several other things overdraft as well. Turns out they were responsible for ALL of the service charges that I got from everybody, and they did pay them all. So when this conversation is over, and the credit has been properly given, which I assume will happen, be sure to ask them about how to submit these overdraft charges since they were not your fault.
My bank ended up with about 1200 bucks worth of charges that they paid.
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

Advice anyone?
Besides getting a lawyer? >:(:S:(

First thing you do . . .get y'erself an A-K -then get them thar bullets that go an fit in that A-K.

Then get y'erself a plane ticket and . . . .:D:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Also most banks that provide bill payment services use e-billing direct from the service provider. In most of these you can set a limit to the amount that gets payed automatically. That is what I do, that way I get a notice if the payment is more than I think it should be and has to authorized by me before it goes through.
Rainbo
TheSpeedTriple - Speed is everything
"Blessed are those who can give without remembering, and take without forgetting."

So, $1200 at $1.50 an hour is 13.33 hours worth of talking. That sounds like an awful long time on the phone, but maybe it's just me.

$800 of the bill is probably all those extra little fees.:S
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

You don't want to see my monthly phone statement if you think 13 hours is a long time :D 500 day time and 1500+night minutes per month on average. Add in my work cell and thats another 500+ day time minutes :D
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

It's the Dublin curse. See what happens when you don't show?

D'oh!!!
How silly of me to not realize that! :P
Trust me, I would've been there if I could've. We will ballon together soon ;)

communicating with internationally.... should try to use the internet for that stuff......

Yep, Yahoo is my friend, but it's a little harder to sit in front of a pc that long versus on a cell where you can move around and clean the house, etc. I guess I could try one of those wireless headphones, but my pc usually isn't on all the time either...

And yeah it is a hell of a long time on the phone, but remember, it was supposed to be only 6 cents a minute. :S

And yeah it is a hell of a long time on the phone, but remember, it was supposed to be only 6 cents a minute. :S

Are the international phone sex lines really that much better? :)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

There was something in the paper yesterday about how the phone companies will charge another 30-50 cents per minute if you are reaching an international cell phone. It's one helluva racket I tell ya
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

Skyflyingbecca, I wish you the best as Cingular fixes this mistake, and I hope you are treated fairly in the future.

I also want to compliment Lindercles, Misskriss, cyanide41, boinky, jshatzkin, McDuck, Snowwhite, Jumpwally, Turtlespeed, Rainbo, Bolas, and Lummy for offering their helpful advice, kind comments, and good-natured humor. I'm sure that it all helped to make Skyflyingbecca feel better about the situation.

Mean, insensitive people may have been tempted to post pointless immature replies like "You were completely wrong," "That was dumb," and "Get over it," without adding any constructive advice--thankfully folks were much kinder.