Salsa_John

My new Ride!

As a side note, Harley didn't even invent the V-twin motorcycle.

The motorcycle lifestyle revolution started with a movie featuring Triumphs and the old time riders road bikes like BSAs because they were better bikes.

Uhh, Dave....did I read that wrong? Or did you mean that Triumph invented the V-twin? I'm a little confused cause Triumph didn't make a V-twin...their's is a Verticle twin, meaning that the cylinders run straight with one another, not in a V configuration.

TripleF

"Upon seeing the shadow of a pigeon, one must resist the urge to look up."

That's a really, really pretty bike. You can even wear loafers, and it's NOICE :)

And Dave....speaking of BMW's....I want a Montauk because I think it's sexy in a girly way. What do you think. Of course my Wide Glide is also very sexy.... I think I might need two.

Peace~
linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

Uhh, Dave....did I read that wrong? Or did you mean that Triumph invented the V-twin? I'm a little confused cause Triumph didn't make a V-twin...their's is a Verticle twin, meaning that the cylinders run straight with one another, not in a V configuration.

Nope. No where in that post did I even imply that Triumph invented or even uses a V-twin.

I was refering to the movie "The Wild Ones" which started the motorcycle revolution across the nation in 1954.

The post that you were getting turned around with was hitting a few high points in a lot of yuppie-HD-owner's arguements, moving quick and just the highlights.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Very nice ride, Salsa! I like it lots! B| And, given how great the weather has been lately, I know you're going to have a great time putting some mileage on it! Have fun!

:)
And be safe!!
Take me, I am the drug; take me, I am hallucinogenic.
-Salvador Dali

Very nice ride, Salsa! I like it lots! B| And, given how great the weather has been lately, I know you're going to have a great time putting some mileage on it! Have fun!

:)
And be safe!!

Look who's posting! Did someone forget to close to locks? ;)

Skydemon: this is your 1 warning for Personal attacks.

Salsa: its green man! :S;) Nice ride!
Remster

I wanna hear the Jap bike that sounds like a Harley....haven't heard one yet!
Not knocking any brand, I've owned most of them at one time or other...but anyone that knows a Harley has never been on one for a full day at highway cruising speeds...no other bike on the planet is as comfortable as a Harley on long rides...based on my personal experiences anyway!
B|

Where does your rig and gear bag go?

and please be overly cautious of the blue hairs - they are out to kill bikers!

>:(

got Bluedar installed... Seriously, I will be careful.

Thanks

Gear bag gets bungied across the back seat small stuff in the luggage rack. Fits nicely

"You did what?!?!"

MUFF #3722, TDSM #72, Orfun #26, Nachos Rodriguez

That's because Ducati's are so friggen expensive to keep running, hardly anyone owns one so there's no point in making fun of them :)

hey hey hey! My duc has only seen regular maintenance and it wasn't that much more expensive than what it cost to maintain Jap bikes. I won't even get in to the maintenance on Harleys.

The bike looks good Salsa! I'd wave to ya! I am sure it will be much more reliable than some of those "other" cruisers
B|

JAMES

Nice ride, but dude.. lose the loafers! :D

I don't know those look like good dancing shoes... :D I'm told women like men that can dance... :ph34r::D

Nah.. women like bad boys! The bike is cool but his jacket is crotch rocket style. The first thing he needs is some BOOTS for that bike!
B|

I wanna hear the Jap bike that sounds like a Harley....haven't heard one yet!
Not knocking any brand, I've owned most of them at one time or other...but anyone that knows a Harley has never been on one for a full day at highway cruising speeds...no other bike on the planet is as comfortable as a Harley on long rides...based on my personal experiences anyway!
B|

That just indicates your limited personal experience:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
Try a Moto Guzzi California for highway comfort, or any of the various BMWs
There is a VERY good reason that people buy BMW touring bikes to trravel VERY long distances.
You sound just like every Harley snob I've met, (though you may not be one). I too have riden many different bikes, from knuckles and shovles to Evos and Italian and Jap and German and British even an Indian (as in the sub continent) made Harley
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

A BMW rider calling a Harley rider a snob...now that's pretty damn funny....
I still prefer the Harley ride...can't handle the BMW buzz and tingle ... and I always thought they bought the BMW because they were too snobbish to ride Harleys.
I'll stick with my sleds...
NEver have considered myself a Harley snob...just a biker.
Whatever you ride...enjoy!
;)

A BMW rider calling a Harley rider a snob...now that's pretty damn funny....
I still prefer the Harley ride...can't handle the BMW buzz and tingle ... and I always thought they bought the BMW because they were too snobbish to ride Harleys.
I'll stick with my sleds...
NEver have considered myself a Harley snob...just a biker.
Whatever you ride...enjoy!
;)

You dont read to good do you:D:D:D:D
I ride a 1979 CAFE RACER Moto Guzzi, do a search theres a few pics on here of it:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: There is also mention of it in THIS thread;)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?