ntrprnr

80's Lyric: Is this sad, or hopeful?

I just listened to the extended version of "Total Eclipse of the Heart" - Haven't heard this song in years.

Is this verse, in your opinion, sad, or hopeful? Not the song as a whole, but this verse, which, for some reason, was left out of the "radio edit."

Every now and then I know you'll never be the boy you always wanted to be
Turn around,
Every now then I know you'll always be the only boy who wanted me the way that I am
Turn around,
Every now and then I know there's no one in the universe as magical and wondrous as you
Turn around,
Every now and then I know there's nothing any better and there's nothing that I just wouldn't do
Turn around bright eyes,
Every now and then I fall apart
Turn around bright eyes,
Every now and then I fall apart

What do you think? I never thought about it before until I just happened to hear this version tonight... I'm mixed on it... Either way, still a kick-ass song. (Written by Meat Loaf, by the way...)

Now, don't get me wrong, I totally love the song and will sing along to it at the top of my lungs whenever I hear it.

But isn't this something they'll take away your guy card for? :D

Kinda hopeful, kinda bittersweet.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

It IS a bit torch-song-y!!;)

But it helps that it was written by a fat Texas dude though.

Meat Loaf really does have a knack for writing the epic heartbreaker, doesn't he? I can *always* listen to "Two Out of Three Ain't Bad" and sing along. :D

(Written by Meat Loaf, by the way...)

not challenging - just questioning (I'm in enough trouble on here) wasn't this written by Jim Steinman? Neverland Express and a TRUE musical genius????
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

not challenging - just questioning (I'm in enough trouble on here) wasn't this written by Jim Steinman? Neverland Express and a TRUE musical genius????

Google knows all. If Rolling Stone is to be believed, he wrote all the songs talked about in this thread so far.

Google knows all. If Rolling Stone is to be believed, he wrote all the songs talked about in this thread so far.

Yeah he did - and I knew that - I was being 'umble! I saw Jim Steinman perform all of those songs at the "Ammersmith Odeon!" Steinman is (forgive the language) a fucking genius with language and music! Check out his solo album and everything he ever wrote for The Neverland Express (read Meatloaf) - he is angst personified - lyrical hyperbole and musical wonderment..... "objects in the rear view mirror"

oh.... I'm drunk:P
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

oh.... I'm drunk:P

No shit? ;)

:o:o:o(shhhhhh - actually I'm sober, haven't had a drink for a while (read weeeeeeeks))

MEATLOAF RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pete Draper,

It IS a bit torch-song-y!!;)

But it helps that it was written by a fat Texas dude though.

Meat Loaf really does have a knack for writing the epic heartbreaker, doesn't he? I can *always* listen to "Two Out of Three Ain't Bad" and sing along. :D

Meatloaf didn't write any of his music, Jim Steinman wrote his stuff

When Meatloaf had contratual problems, Jim Steinman releases Meatloafs second album himself, it was called "Bad for Good", Jim CANNOT sing anywhere near was good as the Meatman.
As an aside "Bat out of Hell" was the 1st album (Actually 1st THING) I ever bought with money that I earned. In 1977 I was selling morning and afternoon papers and earned 1 cents per paper sold, my 1st pay went onto this album and I still have itB|B|B|
Meatloaf ROCKSB|

Bonnie Tyler also rocks but I think that verse is Sad:(

:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?