swedishcelt

Moving causes you to downsize...

It's the only time I ever *really* get rid of stuff. But now that I've been in my current place for over three years (and I haven't lived anywhere for longer than 3 years since I moved out of my parents house), I'm trying to be more disciplined about the occasional purge of stuff.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Ah, the minimalist approach to moving. I absolutely LOVE that feeling.
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

I used to be terribly eclectic, couldn't stand to get rid of even the most inane bits and bobs around the house. when I moved from the west coast to the east coast, I began sorting through all the detritus that comprised my life and showed up here with about a third of what I had before I left. It was actually quite liberating...once the panic wore off. :D
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC

You think that's bad? Try moving internationally :rofl:

If I move home to Australia in a few months, I'm bringing:

Skydiving stuff
Laptop
iPod
Mobile phone
2 weeks worth of clothes.
LoveSacs

Everything else can fuck right off :D
cavete terrae.

I have literally gotten rid of half of my possessions just so I wouldn't have to move them. :S

You're still in phase 1 of your move?

The moving Phases:
Phase 1: Grab the correct type of box for the item you are packing. Before packing, decide if you really need it. If not, put it in the trash or donation box. Once the box is full, seal it with tape and label it with the item contents and the room it should be carried to.

Phase 2: Get the biggest @%#@in box you can find, throw everything in it: pets, clothes, dishes, trash, items to donate, etc. Jump up and down on it so you can cram more things in. When full, tape the top sides straight up so you can cram even more in it. Jump up and down on that. Scribble something incomprehensible on the box with your own blood from the fall off the box you sustained while trying to cram even more into that box. :P
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Last time we moved, I apparently threw out the tree stand..... only half of it mind you.... so here we've got this tree and no stand...hehehe...

I told hubby..yes, I move and I get tired of packing and POOF it's gone! Remember all those trips you made to the dumpster, honey?

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?

LoveSacs

?????????

Everyone was thinking it, you were just the voice. :D

Phase 2... aah the junk box! I still have 2 of those waiting to be unpacked...been in our house 14 months now! :D

I have 3 of them...that have moved 4 times without being unpacked. :S:D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

LoveSacs

http://www.lovesac.com/

I was once held Captive by one of these diabolical devises for 2 whole days at Skyfest. I got sucked into one and next thing I knew there was a Blonde, Brunette and a Redhead piled on there too forcing me to stay there for hours at a time. I barely escaped with my virtue intact.

Scary things those Love Sacs..

I have literally gotten rid of half of my possessions just so I wouldn't have to move them. :S

I got rid of stuff from high school. Interestingly, I moved all that stuff from LA to Fresno. Then, when I moved to our house, I just thought that I didn't want to pollute our nice new crib with all that junk.

I got rid of stuff just to avoid moving it, as well. We really narrowed everything down.

Of course, we had to buy a lot of stuff for our new house. Furniture, etc. Our house has three bedrooms, two bathrooms, big kitchen, living room and family room, on top of a pimp patio and swimming pool. We got it last July. In July, 2003, we were living in a 1 bedroom apartment. Most of my crap was in a crummy storage unit.

We downsized the old stuff. But we upsized on other things, furniture, etc.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

If I haven't used it in a year or more. It's history. :|

I am being very good and ruthless.

I can hear the growl now.

You ruthless beast you.:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

LoveSacs

http://www.lovesac.com/

I was once held Captive by one of these diabolical devises for 2 whole days at Skyfest. I got sucked into one and next thing I knew there was a Blonde, Brunette and a Redhead piled on there too forcing me to stay there for hours at a time. I barely escaped with my virtue intact.

Scary things those Love Sacs..

It was way over rated -

I believe I have a picture or two of that sac . . .

lemme seee....

Yep - got the sac - got the chicks - but J must have been buried even deeper than we thought.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun