matthewcline

Vibes for dz.commer Gawain

PFC Maxwell Ramsey, who posts as "Gawain" here, has lost his leg in and ambush in Iraq.

He is a member of the US Army's 101st ABN at Ft. Campbell and was to be slotted to the 101st Demo Team upon his return from his deployment.

His Demo Team slot is still his.

I ask all of you to help me pick his spirits up.
He is at Walter Ried going through the difficult task of surgery and fitting of a prosthetic leg.

Lets all send him PM's and well wishes. He has felt bummed about maybe not being able to jump and I know we can help to stay in the air.

Thank You,
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

Thanks; I'm going to put a pointer into Speaker's Corner, where he has spent a lot of time arguing.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

OMG. [:/] I'm so sorry to hear that. Thank God it was only his leg and that he's still with us. Still, a leg is an awful lot to lose.

Gawain, I wish you all the best for your recovery. They can do amazing things with prosthetics - you're gonna be up and at 'em again in no time!

Big (((HUGS)))!! :)

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

Max, darling. You are a shining person, and one who I admire. Don't you even think about not getting back into the air...remember, there is no spoon. No spoon.

Me loves ya...and of course you've got my prayers, vibes, and hugs.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Ok every one Max says THANK YOU!

He is in damn fine spirits. He doesn't have net access yet but hopes to be able to leave his bed by the end of the week and get to log on to dz.com, so keep em coming.

He said he will deffinetly be back in the sky!

He has more surgery tomorrow. He lost his left leg just above the knee and had his right ankle broken pretty good. He has to have the ankle fixed (pins) and a little "clean up" (his words) surgery.

He may be at WR for up to 5 months doing Phys rehab. But he is upbeet.

We talked for about 30 minutes and he is happy to know that his friends are thinking about him and encouraging him.

Thank You for taking your time for him.
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

Hell, Max! Way to join another gang, there...!:o

Sorry to hear the news and MASSIVE healing vibes are coming your way.

I always love your sparing in Speaker's Corner and look forward to learning more from you when you get back on-line.

Oh, and congratulations on the wedding!

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Guest 1010

PFC Maxwell Ramsey, who posts as "Gawain" here, has lost his leg in and ambush in Iraq.

[...]

be sure to tell him that chicks go for that sh*t in a big way, he's gonna get laid a lot if he so desires B|

heal up Bro

edit:
>Oh, and congratulations on the wedding! <

D'oh! :o:$ yeah, I'm a dufus! heal up gawain.

You can have it good, fast, or cheap: pick two.

He is a member of the US Army's 101st ABN at Ft. Campbell and was to be slotted to the 101st Demo Team upon his return from his deployment.

His Demo Team slot is still his.

I ask all of you to help me pick his spirits up.
He is at Walter Ried going through the difficult task of surgery and fitting of a prosthetic leg.

Lets all send him PM's and well wishes. He has felt bummed about maybe not being able to jump and I know we can help to stay in the air.

Thank You,

Get well soon Max I didn't know you yet but I want to wish you a speedy recovery and a long healthy life.

From one Disabled Veteran to another...

Thank You for your Service and Bravery.

Thanks for your service and sacrifice, sincerely.

Hope you can still drive a manual tranny.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Hope you can still drive a manual tranny.

well..as a amputee I don't see why he can't? might take bit of adjustment / get used to it. but he can do anything he sets his mind too..

Well the Pieces of Eight the Amputee skydivers are getting together at Perris CA September 8th, 9th and 10th.. looks like we got a FNG!

Mike

Hey buddy,

My prayers go out to you for every intention you have. I am devastated to hear this news. Be strong and try to stay positive. If you ever need to talk and you can, just throw me a pm.

Thanks for your selfless service to our country.

Get used to that prosthetic real soon. The sky and your Acura await.

In the meantime, have hope,
Chris

Lots of healing vibes to you Max.
As to skydiving, perhaps it I would remind you of this

Alistair (see clicky above) was here just recently and took his wedding vows in the balloon...then jumped out with his new bride:)X's and O's
B2

Betsy, was he at the Holiday Boogie recently? If so, I saw him and thought, "Woa. THAT is impressive. Go on with your bad self, man."