LawnDart21

What "talk" do bowlers give someone that is a danger in the bowling alley?

just in case there was a serious question, I don't have a very serious answer. I got one of the cheapest balls available ($65?) and more importantly, got the holes drilled for me. I used a 14 - the 16's extra heft didn't make up for my loss of aiming.

With the house balls, I had the choice of light, but tight on the fingers, or ok fitting, but too harsh. Hey - that's like my canopy renting experience!

I'M DIFFERENT, I CAN HANDLE IT.

Oh yeah? Can you do all the things on Bill Von Noballs' checklist? Have you taken a ball control course by Brian Gerball? How about letting someone with 3480 lines, ProBall and BBI rating and 11 years in the alleys show you what they can do with one of your balls. If you can emulate them, ok, then you can test out and upsize. Otherwise, stick with the balls you have until you are ready.

I think the safest way to learn to bowl is by "tandem bowling". This is a system whereby you, after a very brief training session, are strapped to an experienced bowler. This experienced bowler then guides you through your first line every step of the way.

With tandem bowling you get all the thrills of bowling, but have somebody right there to help you get through any tough situations that may arise, such as the 7/10 split.

Elvisio "make that spare, baby" Rodriguez

I like to bowl barefoot. I've accepted the risks, but i simply don't like wearing shoes when bowling. I like the feel of the slick polished lane between my toes. It's a sense of freedom. And yeah, i look cool too, but i swear thats not why i do it. I know others have been injured while bowling barefoot, but that won't happen to me.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

I think the safest way to learn to bowl is by "tandem bowling". This is a system whereby you, after a very brief training session, are strapped to an experienced bowler.

Of course, then you risk getting beaten up by the regulars around the pool table when they see 2 guys...well...you know...

And who should enforce this regulation? The USBA? They have no real power. Unless it come from the BAA and is law it won't work and laws restricting my freedom is turning us into a dictatorship.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Edited to add:Perhaps this should be moved to Bowlers Corner. ;)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

I think the safest way to learn to bowl is by "tandem bowling". This is a system whereby you, after a very brief training session, are strapped to an experienced bowler. This experienced bowler then guides you through your first line every step of the way.

With tandem bowling you get all the thrills of bowling, but have somebody right there to help you get through any tough situations that may arise, such as the 7/10 split.

Elvisio "make that spare, baby" Rodriguez

--------------------------------------------------------
Isn't tandum bowling still considerd experimental?
I prefer static bowling where a SBI has a rope on you to help throw the ball. That way you don't foul. Ive seen those kids coming off "accelerated free bowling" but they just don't have the ball skills needed to keep them alive!
----------------------------------------------
"Thats not smoke, thats BUCKEYE!!"
AQR#3,CWR#49

I just don’t understand people like you who insist on making a risky sport even more dangerous. I have broken myself using a highly loaded ball WITH shoes on. I think you need to take a breath, step back, consider playing with Nerf balls or at least move down to the bumper lanes.

You are a bowling incident waiting to happen.
>:(>:(:P

is

I have broken myself using a highly loaded ball WITH shoes on.

Were you warned you were in over your head by other bowlers?

You probably thought you could handle it though.

Just remember...........

NO ONE REMEMBERS YOUR STRIKES & NO ONE FORGETS YOUR GUTTER BALLS..............

--
My other ride is a RESERVE.

One of my first fractures was from a bowling injury. It is, indeed, a dangerous sport. Don't play with heavy balls with giant finger holes - 16# ball on left footB|B|

See, this is the kind of pattern we need to avoid. Newer bowlers are finding it "cool" to upsize their balls quickly without taking precautions and making the effort to get the proper training to do so. Before upsizing your ball, you must ask yourself, "Can I make a spare in any condition?". You must ask yourself, "What if the floors are waxed or someone has spilled their drink in my way....can I still safely and accurately achieve my goals without endangering other bowlers or spectators?". If your answer is no, then you are NOT ready to take on the challenge of bigger balls, PERIOD. Let this be a lesson to ALL newer bowlers. We must do what we can to educate all the newbies so big balls don't fall into the wrong hands or onto the wrong feet.

:ph34r::D:ph34r::D:ph34r::D

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

I took a bowling class, and he taped us bowling so we could improve our form! :D I kid you not!

Once when I was bowling, I released the ball on the back swing and almost took people out!
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning