wingnut

just saw the most retarded skydiving scene ever in a movie

okay just watched "the first 20 million" and it wasn't a bad flick, but there is a part where the main guys are partying it up and go skydiving.. they are pouring champane in freefal and talking and all and it is so bad.. it was hilarous to watch.... the story isn't bad so go rent it and wach for the worste skydiving scene in a movie ever!!!!!

geez, and I thought Point Break was bad...

The fact that diamond is the hardest mineral on earth does not make granite any softer to me ( i know, mineral vs rock, so sue me). Same with this. Point break still sucked... lol
Remster

I loved Point Break... still do.

The freefall was 4 minutes 2 seconds by the way ;)

Signing off..

Skilled Dick Brain (oh.. not from jumping out of a 747...it's probablly hard to consider myself skilled either...)
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

It's funny this thread was revived. We were talking about skydiving movies this weekend and Cutaway came up.

They did get one thing right:

Remember when the (Zeppo?) Baldwin was learning to jump and having trouble with landing? In the montage clip, he hits a tent on landing and takes the top off of it. In the tent are 2 topless chicks and a half-naked guy wearing a camera helmet. :P

That one scene they got right. :D:D:D
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

on fandango

Jumpmaster: Hit your reserve MAN!!!

Jumper: (procedes to punch his belly reserve)

i laughed for like 10 min straight, and proceeded to watch the scene over and over again

When I was training for my first jump, my JM told me at several points, "Remember, l want to see a good, hard arch."

A few weeks later I'm haning out at the dz on a weather day wnd we're watching Fandango. Truman tells Hicks he wants to see a "good, hard arch." My JM who's also watching the movie elbows me saying, "I borrowed that from him."

on fandango

Jumpmaster: Hit your reserve MAN!!!

Jumper: (procedes to punch his belly reserve)

i laughed for like 10 min straight, and proceeded to watch the scene over and over again

Haaa n00bs... ;-)

You realize that the Fandango Firt Jump Class is actually the closest movie scene to reality that has even been put to celluloid? :D
Remster