windcatcher

What do you men think about her?

Agreed.

But....:S...I have to add another side to the fence. Most models ARE actually pretty in person AND 3 hours? Not-so-much most of the time.

But the point was still correct: Professionally done AND digitally-touched-up.
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

She doesn't hold a candle to any of the Dropzone.com women:)

Sweet. :)... And I would love to be guilible and niave enough to believe that to be true. But thinking about men and since we can assume that she probably wont be reading this, I guessing you're betting the odds and just saying that to try to score points on a more likely possibility.... :P

(but... I'm not so insecure that I wouldn't say that she is a lot hotter than I am. But I would not give up one day of my 34 years to be "young" again, nor would I give up any of my passions (skydiving, medicine, food) in exchange for looking that thin. I'm happy with me and my image.):)
Karen

Hey I just noticed - the pattern on her straps looks like mini-rings right where they'd be on a rig! (See for yourselves.) Think Bill Booth designed that suit?

I was in Deland one rainy day so a bunch of us decided to go take the Vector tour, in our boredom. Turns out Booth was there and he gave the tour, which was pretty cool - the highlight was him showing off the "Playboy" Vector which was lined with fur and had apparently been used in a shoot, worn by naked chicks, ect. I wanted to smell the legstraps but he put it away before I could get the chance.[:/]

What's wrong with being skinny? >:( ( Especially if you still have curves? :|)

Nothing wrong with being skinny. I think what he's getting at is that he prefers *real* rather than artificial.

Walt

It's a shame that what is considered "real" is what we better refer to as overweight and generally unhealthy.

I would still pick Skymama over her.

Aw, you're so sweet! :$

OK, she's gorgeous...you must want something. :ph34r:
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

It's a shame that what is considered "real" is what we better refer to as overweight and generally unhealthy.

I suspect most people define "real" more by what it is *not* than what it is. If someone (male or female) spends hours in the gym every day, diets meticulously, and is constantly doing everything they can to "enhance" their appearance and achieve a certain look, then to me, that's not real--that's illusion.

While I may respect their effort and dedication, and I certainly don't have a problem with anyone doing that, using that kind of look in advertising to convince consumers that buying some product will make them look like that, is a bit on the ridiculous side. Apparently, though, it works.

I have to agree with you though, that there are a lot of unhealthy people out there.

Walt

Talent spending three hours in make-up was not unusual

Yowza! I guess the two are completely different industries.

That is really interesting---I mean, it really does only take so long to do great hair & makeup for a photo shoot unless something is REALLY drastic. I don't see why it would be so different in television, but....that's just insane:S

My point, really, was(and not directed at you) regarding the various comments that these girls (and guy models) are only "beautiful" b/c of the time spent prepping them. My point is that honestly, I'm sure the guy who lived next to the model in the picture posted saw her w/out the prepping on several occassions and can probably vouche that she was still very pretty. That was all. Now, women trying to hold themselves up to these images in magazines and such...that's a different subject all together.:)

I guess TV talent may spend more time in make-up because they can't get airbrushed like print models can, so any alterations to appearance that are made need to be done on the talent rather than in post.

I agree with you that she's probably very pretty in person with no make-up (IMO, probably prettier...I think the make-up is distracting). It's just that without make-up and airbrushing, she'll look like a pretty, normal person rather than the perfection the magazines try to get you to believe she is.

she's probably very pretty in person with no make-up (IMO, probably prettier...I think the make-up is distracting). It's just that without make-up and airbrushing, she'll look like a pretty, normal person rather than the perfection the magazines try to get you to believe she is.

Almost 100% agree;). I would add a third category (at the risk of getting bashed). There is average (or pehaps not the first person you notice, but then sooo....) pretty, above average-pretty and then the "perfection" you described that you see in magazines. It is definitely true NO-ONE, not even they, look that way in real-life. So many details are taken into consideration, down to the tiniest sliver being removed from arms that appear too large or a scar on the leg (or even tattoo) being removed. These are minor, but added all together the finished product is definitely not what the model looks like in real life.

I had to add the "above-average" pretty category though, b/c there IS a difference (imo) b/w a normal, pretty girl w/out makesup and a girl who obviously looks like she does/could model w/out makeup.

I can't stand the made-up look either, though. I do prefer the "natural makeup" over perfectly bare, though. I also can't stand blown-out glamour-styled hair. But everything serves it purpose, time & place. Some people don't realize fashion is art. The poses, the makeup, the way the clothes MUST hang, the decor the scene---everything is work of an artist trying to convey something. We don't all understand art or maybe we understand the art on the wall and not the art on a person. Tattoos are art and they are on you, ink'd in, in fact. Clothes, at least, can be taken off and redone. It's almost kind of lovely that you can wash off the makeup, take off the clothes and do it all over again in a different way--like art that is constantly changing. Some appreciate it, some don't.

I think the point people try to make is that the "ideal pallette" for "artists" in the magazine/fashion/print industry is not what the average woman's own "pallette" is and therefore he/she might be inclined to feel negatively about him/herself b/c he/she can not achieve the desired look.

Anywho....:P Beauty, art---it's all in the eye of the beholder:)

I suspect most people define "real" more by what it is *not* than what it is. If someone (male or female) spends hours in the gym every day, diets meticulously, and is constantly doing everything they can to "enhance" their appearance and achieve a certain look, then to me, that's not real--that's illusion.

While I may respect their effort and dedication, and I certainly don't have a problem with anyone doing that, using that kind of look in advertising to convince consumers that buying some product will make them look like that, is a bit on the ridiculous side. Apparently, though, it works.

I have to agree with you though, that there are a lot of unhealthy people out there.

Walt

It doesn't take hours ad hours at the gym and a meticulous diet to be in shape and healthy. See, that's the problem with people, they're lazy. 60% of the people in America have problems with obesity... and why is that? Becuase they eat crappy food and they don't move enough. It's usually these people, too, who say that looking like Adriana Lima is an unrealistic goal, when it isn't, they just choose to do nothing about it and they keep gaining more and more weight.

Yes, some people do spend all day at the gym and will only eat certain things, and while that may not be your thing, it's certainly not "fake" either. They just put more effort into looking good and being healthy than you (and a lot of other people) do. And while I agree that advertising that one simple product will change your look or make you lose weight is ridiculous, it's not rocket science that eating healthy and moving your butt will make you lose the weight. For some reason though, people would rather take their chances by buying something they've been told will work, instead of actually changing their lifestyle. It's sad.

It doesn't take hours ad hours at the gym and a meticulous diet to be in shape and healthy. See, that's the problem with people, they're lazy. 60% of the people in America have problems with obesity... and why is that? Becuase they eat crappy food and they don't move enough. It's usually these people, too, who say that looking like Adriana Lima is an unrealistic goal, when it isn't, they just choose to do nothing about it and they keep gaining more and more weight.

I agree with a lot of what you are saying but any woman other than Adriana Lima who thinks it's a realistic goal to look like Adriana Lima is kidding herself. What's realistic is looking and feeling *your* best--not looking like someone else.

Yes, some people do spend all day at the gym and will only eat certain things, and while that may not be your thing, it's certainly not "fake" either. They just put more effort into looking good and being healthy than you (and a lot of other people) do. And while I agree that advertising that one simple product will change your look or make you lose weight is ridiculous, it's not rocket science that eating healthy and moving your butt will make you lose the weight. For some reason though, people would rather take their chances by buying something they've been told will work, instead of actually changing their lifestyle. It's sad.

Not fake, but illusion is certainly involved. I have a friend who is a figure competitor www.amberblack.net. She definitely works out and diets very meticulously and is a fitness model. I've been to a couple of her photo shoots and can tell you that most of her diehard fans (and she has plenty) would not even recognize her the way she looks normally. Everything she has accomplished with her body is certainly real, but the presentation is carefully staged. One time she came over for a photo shoot and I didn't even recognize her until she started talking!!!!

Surprisingly, she's very well grounded and is incredibly low-maintenance but she spends a great deal of time achieving and maintaining her look and most women just don't have time.

I'm with you in that most people could make time to be a geat deal more fit and healthy than they are, though.

Walt

What's wrong with being skinny? >:( ( Especially if you still have curves? :|)

figure models and the press they get encourage real women to feel much less beautiful than they are..to high a standard

real women have bumps.blems,dimples and are real

real women ARE beautiful

AND AT MY AGE ..i TEND TO LOOK MUCH DEAPER THAN SURFACE LOOKS

starving yourself and then having to have plastic surgery really really sucks

give me a real woman one who is comfortable hith herself anyday over some mag. chick

59 YEARS,OVERWEIGHT,BALDIND,X-GRUNT
LAST MIL. JUMP VIET-NAM(QUAN-TRI)
www.dzmemories.com