windcatcher

What do you men think about her?

It doesn't take hours ad hours at the gym and a meticulous diet to be in shape and healthy. See, that's the problem with people, they're lazy. 60% of the people in America have problems with obesity... and why is that? Becuase they eat crappy food and they don't move enough. It's usually these people, too, who say that looking like Adriana Lima is an unrealistic goal, when it isn't, they just choose to do nothing about it and they keep gaining more and more weight.

I agree with a lot of what you are saying but any woman other than Adriana Lima who thinks it's a realistic goal to look like Adriana Lima is kidding herself. What's realistic is looking and feeling *your* best--not looking like someone else.

Yes, some people do spend all day at the gym and will only eat certain things, and while that may not be your thing, it's certainly not "fake" either. They just put more effort into looking good and being healthy than you (and a lot of other people) do. And while I agree that advertising that one simple product will change your look or make you lose weight is ridiculous, it's not rocket science that eating healthy and moving your butt will make you lose the weight. For some reason though, people would rather take their chances by buying something they've been told will work, instead of actually changing their lifestyle. It's sad.

Not fake, but illusion is certainly involved. I have a friend who is a figure competitor www.amberblack.net. She definitely works out and diets very meticulously and is a fitness model. I've been to a couple of her photo shoots and can tell you that most of her diehard fans (and she has plenty) would not even recognize her the way she looks normally. Everything she has accomplished with her body is certainly real, but the presentation is carefully staged. One time she came over for a photo shoot and I didn't even recognize her until she started talking!!!!

Surprisingly, she's very well grounded and is incredibly low-maintenance but she spends a great deal of time achieving and maintaining her look and most women just don't have time.

I'm with you in that most people could make time to be a geat deal more fit and healthy than they are, though.

Walt

I agree 100% that people in magazines are smothered in make up and then touched up in photoshop, that's not what I'm talking about. I'm simply saying that peoeple think it's so unrealistic to be thin and healthy.

What's wrong with being skinny? >:( ( Especially if you still have curves? :|)

figure models and the press they get encourage real women to feel much less beautiful than they are..to high a standard

real women have bumps.blems,dimples and are real

real women ARE beautiful

AND AT MY AGE ..i TEND TO LOOK MUCH DEAPER THAN SURFACE LOOKS

starving yourself and then having to have plastic surgery really really sucks

give me a real woman one who is comfortable hith herself anyday over some mag. chick

I guess I'm not real then. *shrug* I must starve myself to stay thin and healthy, nevermind that I eat well and move my ass.

I think it's sad that people are "comfortable" with being overweight.... and then they complain about it! It's become the norm, and people who are in shape are "fake".

I was looking for Victoria's Secret swimsuits online, and I think Adriana Lima has got to be one of the most beautiful women I've seen.
What do you men think of her? :P

It reminds me of the saying that "No matter HOW good she looks, Someone, Somewhere is really sick of her shit!":D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Your friend may work out like crazy to have her body looking like that, but not everyone who looks a certain way, puts in tons of time on their body and exercise. People usually fail to realize that some people have faster metabolisms, than others. A certain genetic dispostion for body shape and size also goes a long way with this kind of thing. Chelle, for instance, is a tiny woman. She has a great body, and I doubt that she works out as much as your friend does. Myself, I do not work out at all and eat whatever I want to, but I am a smaller person, who would be considered "in shape" by average standards. It's just luck of the draw, sometimes.

Adrianna Lima is a very beautiful woman, imho. I highly doubt that she would be a model, if she wasn't naturally attractive. Make-up can only go so far.

I think it's sad that people are "comfortable" with being overweight.... and then they complain about it! It's become the norm, and people who are in shape are "fake".

I'm not sure that people who are comfortable being overweight complain about it.

As for the fake thing, I'm 6'1" and weight 170 lbs. I workout 5 days a week and follow a healthy diet, where I eat at *least* five meals a day. Nothing fake about it, but I don't know that it's realistic for most people to do that.

Walt

I understand your points.

I also eat very healthy. I have always been slim. I realized, however, it is very easy for me to both gain or loose weight. I can't work out with weights or I'll immediately bulk up muscle. I stick to things like running & swimming to keep me in the shape I prefer for myself which is lean muscle/thin.

Warning: Rant:P

My point is if I didn't work at it, I wouldn't look how I do, and I do love how I look. I don't think there is anything "fake" about how I eat or what I do to stay fit, either.

Regarding the various comments about "real women have bumps" and real women have this or that....everyone's genes are different. While it IS common for models to have cellulite that is digitally removed from photos--quite a few really DO NOT have it either.

I DO NOT have any lines, bumps, lumps, whatever you want to call them. I am only 25, but most of my friends my age started noticing these things appearing a few years ago. I assure you, there is nothing "fake" about my boo-tay;)

"Fake" is also imo, open to interpretation. My definition is plastic surgery (for no other reason than to change/alter what you were born with). I do not consider a girl who styles her hair or wears makeup "fake" b/c she does those things.

Anywho....we have gotten into this several times before in the threads.

My original point was really not to disagree with the unattainable image of print models, but to submit a point that it is not correct to say they are not naurally very pretty/different-than-the-norm in real life.

If you watch runway---occasionally models go out completely fresh-faced. Sure they've just had a facial, but when the natural look is desired, some lip balm is all they're sent out in. We see this on television, there is not a lot of "touching up" in these cases. So are they still "fake/unattainable"?

Good skin can also come from taking good care of yourself and watching what you put in/on top of your body. It's not that "no-one has perfect skin" but rather that some people just want that w/out having to take the necessary steps to get that. If you don't care about skin--eat what you want and wash your face with a bar of soap. Nothing wrong with that. To each their own--Just don't do that and then complain that great skin is unattainable.

Some of what people are labeling "unattainable" really just means it's unattainable if you're not willing to do something about it: ie: excercise, moisturize, eat healthy.

/Rant:P
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

I'm not sure that people who are comfortable being overweight complain about it.

As for the fake thing, I'm 6'1" and weight 170 lbs. I workout 5 days a week and follow a healthy diet, where I eat at *least* five meals a day. Nothing fake about it, but I don't know that it's realistic for most people to do that.

Walt

You just said earlier that people who spend time in the gym and have a good diet are creating an illusion and it's not real..... now you're saying that you work out 5 days a week and have a healthy diet... but there's nothing fake about it.

I'm confused.

You just said earlier that people who spend time in the gym and have a good diet are creating an illusion and it's not real..... now you're saying that you work out 5 days a week and have a healthy diet... but there's nothing fake about it.

I'm confused.

What's fake is taking someone who puts a great deal of time and effort into achieving a certain look, taking photographic images of them, enhancing those images, and presenting the images as some sort of standard of beauty.

The images are carefully contrived.

My friend the fitness model works her ass off to achieve the look her body has, but before contests she is slathering on the Pro-Tan, picking the right posing suit and hairpiece, and perfecting her poses. Her photo shoots also have her looking quite different than she does normally. It's all about image.

Personally, I prefer her every day "gym rat" look.

If you want specifics, here they are:

Gym and diet: not fake
Makeup and wigs: fake
Tanning beds: marginally fake, but a bad idea anyway
Pro-Tan: fake and really nasty
Digitally enhancing images: fake
Implants (breast, calf, pecs, whatever): fake
Lotsa' capped teeth: fake
Ads implying that a product (instead of diet and exercise) will make someone look like that: fake

edited to add:
Conundrum, VanillSkyGirl, PLFXPert: not fake (I have no desire to be beaten flat:D:D:D)

Walt

I was looking for Victoria's Secret swimsuits online, and I think Adriana Lima has got to be one of the most beautiful women I've seen.
What do you men think of her? :P

Personally, I'd rather meet you... Because you're real, your avatar looks good to me and you skydive... What more could a man want?

But I wouldn't push her out of bed, and even if I did, it would be a hell of a struggle on the floor. ;)
"Bodygolfing" isn't as much fun as it sounds. People get pissed when you don't replace your divets.