ccowden

Suicidal Tendencies

86 through 90 I didnt miss very many nights without going to the Metroplex.

DRI, GBH, Black Flag, Corrosion of Conformity, GWAR (Only 6 people in the audience and 4 left after the first song. LOL!!), Circle Jerks, Liars in Wait, Anti-Heros, Exploited, Suicidal Tendencies, Anthrax, Subhumans, Dayglo Abortions, Butthole Surfers, Meatmen are just a few of the shows I remember that came through at one time or another. Some great shows.

Got to see GG Allen twice at the Wreck Room in the early 90`s. The sickest show ever, only lasted about 20 minutes each time.

Pure energy back when I still had energy!!

Anarchy was my Shield,
Leather and Combat Boots were my Armor,
Blindly I Marched into war with Society
AND GOT MY ASS KICKED and Loved every Minute of it!!
:P

I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead
I saw her lying in a pool of red
I think it's the greatest thing I'll ever see
Your dead mommy lying in front of me
I'll always remember her lying dead on the floor
I hope she dies twenty times more
I saw your mommy and your mommy is dead
I saw your mommy and your mommy is dead

Edit to add - while I like ST, my favorite punk band of all time is X.

All of those are great bands. GWAR puts on an awesome show, something to be seen, not for your average joe that's for sure. GBH, Exploited and Subhumans all played reunion tours recently, they were all great. One band I wish would get back together and play a reunion tour, though I know it will never happen, is Operation Ivy. They were amazing.

Anyone into Leftover Crack? Formerly Chocking Victim. They are a blast.

The one Band that LOVED that I never got to see was FEAR. Lee Ving was great.

Fuck the reunion tours... All those guys are too fuckin old now and lost the Attitude..

The only reunion tour I saw that I am glad I got to see was Rozz`s Christian Death tour with the original line up before Valor stole the Band. Rozz OD`d shortly after that tour. Oh and the Bauhaus reunion tour a few years ago was pretty cool.

FEAR was great, they also did a reunion tour haha. I remember the first show of theirs I went to, my buddy shatter his ankle in three places in the pit.

Yeah I'm not big on reunion tours, I also think they need to hang up the towel and have some integrity, then again if a good band comes through on a reunion tour I'll probably go. MDC (Millions of Dead Cops) came through town about a year ago and I had to go check them out. They still rocked out just as good as ever.

Bauhaus is great, I have never had the privilege of seeing them live though. That's a whole different kind of music, though good stuff.

as much as you'd like for me to admit to loving buck owens, grandpa jones, alabama, and kenny rogers, i can't do it, dave. hope you don't shit your pants when i say that tool and NIN are 2 of my all-time favs. :P:D:ph34r: god bless 'em. hope your altered perceptions are good ones. lol

btw, just outta curiosity, of you guys that dig ST, how many of you are also fans of the butthole surfers, the dead kennedys and bands like black flag? just curious....

Oh my god...have I told you how much I love you, Arlo? B|

I had (and have still) Black flag, DK, Dead Milkmen, SOD (Stormtroopers of Death), ST and a few others. Any time I drag them out for parties or other gatherings, nobody seems to understand. :D
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

Ha! Someone else who liked Dayglo Abortions! Tell me you didn't play too much hide the hamster! :D I also liked FEAR, and saw the Meatmen and Dead Milkmen and PIL and Bad Brains and Bad Religion and the Red Hot Chili Peppers and the Dickies and Social Distortion... There was a club in Tijuana called Iguana's that fucking rocked! :)
For those of you who never had the pleasure of listening to Hide the Hamster, I present the lyrics. :D

Well Billy is a boy who has a few ideas of his own
He has a habitrail maze with 35 hamsters in his home
He takes them to the disco where everybody loves him
They cover them with neet and wash them down so they are nice and clean
Then yank their teeth and pull their claws and dip the little rodents in vaseline
They all have habitrail tubes stuck firmly up their asses

[Chorus:] And they all sing oho oho hide the hamster
They dance around on the dance floor
From each shaking ass hangs a twitching little tail
The hamsters last abut five minutes
And their death throes bring the dancers
They shoot their wads together dead hamsters up their asses
Each hamster has an orgasm at the very instant of its death
So each person grabs a straw to feltch their partner's asshole of the sperm
They all have habitrail tubes stuck firmly up their asses

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Dude! I was going to list Public Image Ltd, but I thought some of their later stuff didn't fit the genre we're talking about here.
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC

LOVE Bad Religion..... and Pennywise.

Before that, Black Flag. llll

We got nothin' better to do
Than to watch tv and have a couple of brew...

TV party tonight!!!!

One of my favorite lines from a song of theirs was from "Six Pack":

My girlfriend asked me which one I liked better
SIX PACK!
I hope the answer won't upset her...bitch. :D

I only saw Black Flag play once... :( It was at a party in a basement in Olympia, WA, circa 1983 or so. B|

Blues,
Dave

And now, you are my hero of the minute. B|:P

When I wear my Sick Of It All tee, people read it and go, "Are you sick of it all?" Almost no one knows it's a band. But that's ok with me!

Yeah I get that a lot also. I actually got that from a few people on the forums. :D I get all kinds of looks when I wear my Millions of Dead Cops shirt also. :P

These guys are some good buddies of mine: Recycled Ruins. Pretty good shit, they'd appreciate it if some of you all checked it out. They are pretty fast and loud, influenced by a lot of the bands spoken about here.

Are you talking about Generation X?

Negative. X. John Doe and Exene Cervenka. First album was "Los Angeles" (early 80's); songs like "Johnny Hit and Run Paulene", "Los Angeles" and a kick ass cover of The Door's "Soul Kitchen".

Good shit.

Ok..i'm gonna take a shot at this one way out in the left field...

Any of you listen to the Toy Dolls? now THAT is a band that can rock my socks off :)

I actually saw them live with White Zombie in Spokane, WA. They were fantastic live, but I bought the album and was a bit disappointed. They were edgy and rough live, but too smoothed out and clean on the CD.