fireflytx

To the ladies here that have had Lasik, I have a question

I had the proceedure done in 2001. It's been GREAT - I stayed away from eye makeup for about 4- 6 months just to insure that it healed well and to keep any infections clear. Better safe than sorry thing when it comes to your eyes. Any other questions feel free to PM me... Oh, just a thought I had my eyeliner tattooed on about a year ago... NEXT best thing!!

Muff Brother # 3883, SCR # 14796 ICD # 1 - Pres.
Yeah, I noticed and I think it's funny!

Had it done several years back. I was advised to not wear makeup, especially mascara and shadow, for a few months to avoid infection. After a few weeks, I felt okay to use foundation, but was still careful when washing my face. I was also cautious with makeup removers and soap.

It's worth every bit of the lil inconvenience in the beginning:)

I just really need to wear make up for work. What did the doctor's actually say

Go for a consult and your doctor will give you his/her recommendations. I wasn't allowed to wear makeup for a couple months because of the risk of infection and loosing your vision. Not a risk I was willing to take to look good for a few months. I prize my vision too much. I had mine done in 02 had to have touch up done one time to get from 20/25 to my current 20/10. It was well worth every inconvience to not have to wear contacts anymore.

Christina
I love my husband!

Katie just had a touch up done and it was no eye makeup for 2 weeks. Drop us a line if you have some questions about it.

Blues,
Ian
ps: Happy birthday!! :)
To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders. ~ Lao-Tzu

It's all good, they're my brothers ~ Mariann Kramer

I actually used to assist in the Lasik surgery procedure and the doctor advises no make-up for the first week. (ofcourse it will depend on your healing which may cause that to differ). There was always the ladies that just wouldnt follow procedures..:D
Breathe out so I can breathe you in...

When I first saw this thread title I had to wonder given the recent "sex" oriented titles. I imagined "To the Ladies here that have had Lasik, I have a question...Does it look smaller?".

Maybe it is just a personnal fear:$.
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

Once you do start wearing eye makeup again (whenever it is), buy all new. That way at least you're less likely to be putting bacteria close to your eyes.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Once you do start wearing eye makeup again (whenever it is), buy all new. That way at least you're less likely to be putting bacteria close to your eyes.

Wendy W.

Gee thanks Wendy, like she needed an excuse to go out and buy all new makeup.:D:D

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

Just trying to do my part :):P

Consider it a birthday present!

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)