owellynot

does your s/o jump?

If he is in good physical shape some DZ's still might let him jump. It's the 5'2" ladies who are 250 that you reeeaally want to avoid.

Kind of a rule of thumb is, if it's a shorter distance to walk around someone than to go over top, maybe they can jump.:P

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

I'm curious. I started seeing someone about a month ago and he's a big corn-fed thing. Yummy...but i digress. He's 6'5 & weighs 260. Solid as a rock, but too heavy to jump.

how do you figure? i used to jump w/ a guy who was every bit of 270.

I also have a friend that lost weight just so he could skydive. B|
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

No freakin' way! She has never even been inside an airplane. Also, my mere desire to jump nearly landed us in divorce court.

Zipp0

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.

It may be the max weight for tandems, but he could do AFF....

Brie

Yup, he could.

Better have a very secure realtionship and able to part ways as friends if you have an SO in the sport with you. I hear stories of break ups and one or the other has to go find a new DZ to jump.

Gunnery Sergeant of Marines
"I would like it if I were challenged mentally at my job and not feel like I'm mentally challenged." - Co-worker

It may be the max weight for tandems, but he could do AFF....

Brie

Yup, he could.

Better have a very secure realtionship and able to part ways as friends if you have an SO in the sport with you. I hear stories of break ups and one or the other has to go find a new DZ to jump.

must always remember....
You never loose your SO, you just loose your turn.
and then there is a.i.d.s.(not the deadly kind)
avation induced divorce syndrome.
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

sweeeeeeeeet. looks like i have some research and some explaining to do.

the explaining will consist of rebutting hippies mean post. i will NOT lose my spot. fffffff-ttttt.

as far as finding another home DZ--he travels so much with work it wouldn't really be an issue. besides--i was there first, i'm adorable, and i have very very nice boobies. nuff said.

I'm going to make a great third wife for my first husband....

sweeeeeeeeet. looks like i have some research and some explaining to do.

the explaining will consist of rebutting hippies mean post. i will NOT lose my spot. fffffff-ttttt.

as far as finding another home DZ--he travels so much with work it wouldn't really be an issue. besides--i was there first, i'm adorable, and i have very very nice boobies. nuff said.

Is it mean if its true? :o and hey, i didnt make that up, it was there LOOOOONG before I started skydiving! :D

DZ.com is the one to judge your boobies, not your SO, not your DZ. so you must post them so that you may be judged! :):P
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

We had been married ten years when I started jumping. My becoming a skydiver is something neither one of us ever saw coming. My husband loves the idea that I do it (gives him bragging rights I guess) but will probably never get into it.

Actually, I'm kinda glad. I would be super nervous if he started doing it. I know...makes not sense!
Mrs. WaltAppel

All things work together for good to them that love God...Romans 8:28

My wife made one static line jump back in 1980, which is how I met her. That summer she came along on our Yosemite expedition to jump El Capitan (we had permits).

Since then she has never made another jump. I try now & then to interest her in making a tandem, just so she can experience freefall, but she has no interest in it. But she's very supportive of my jumping & says she's always know she was marrying a skydiver. She was even okay with my breaking a leg two years ago. So I'm really very lucky to have her and in lots of other ways besides.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

i'm getting a pre-nup. there shall be no forfieture of turns and in the event of a dee-vorce i retain full custody of the dz. humph!

and another thing...

the aforementioned boobies are regularly on display after hours in the hot tub.

I'm going to make a great third wife for my first husband....

I sort of psudo dated a girl that wasn't a jumper... but right now I don't have a girlfriend...

I know people that make both situations work... the key to a successful relationship (friendship or otherwise) is to make time for the relationship when either party doesn't attempt to make it work the relationship will wain... :|

I'm ok at friendships... I haven't ever really sat still long enough to get very far in more serious relationships (other then w/family... I'm pretty close to them...)
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...