bigway

Weird USA visa i got, any idea??

So i got myself a visa for the xmas boogie that was held at Eloy. I have just looked up what sort of visa i had and i had an R visa. Know that i am not religious at all. I told them i wanted to go skydiving at a big skydiving party and they sent me this visa. Now here are a few of the points about this visa.
Duration of Stay

You may stay in the U.S. for a maximum period of five years. The initial period of stay is three years, with an option to extend status for an additional two years. Once you have been in the U.S. for five years on R1 status, you can obtain R1 status again after remaining outside the U.S. for at least one year before reapplying.

The R1 visa is available to foreign members of religious denominations, having bona fide non-profit religious organizations in the U.S., for entering the U.S. to carry on the activities of a minister or religious worker as a profession, occupation or vocation.
Examples of persons in religious occupations include, but are not limited to, liturgical workers, religious instructors, religious counselors, cantors, catechists, workers in religious hospitals or religious healthcare facilities, missionaries, religious translators, or religious broadcasters. This group does not include janitors, maintenance workers, clerks, fundraisers, or persons involved solely in the solicitation of donations.

I guess god loves skydiving, now i just got to go back and get a job as a priest or a transexual nun.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

missionaries

You're spreading the gospel of skydiving. Duh.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

i got a religious visa after saying i am going to an event with 900 jumpers and free beer? :D
The last thing i said to the guy at the conulate was 'I just want to go and have the time of my life' . Maybe he thought i would be going to heaven or something after my jumping.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

The R1 visa is available to foreign members of religious denominations, having bona fide non-profit religious organizations in the U.S., for entering the U.S. to carry on the activities of a minister or religious worker as a profession, occupation or vocation.

I got the B1/B2 visa - if I had known that that visa was available I would have applied for it instead of the hassle of the B1/B2 visa....

I am not religious, but I am sure that a little white lie here and there would not have been an issueB|

I know that this is not Speakers Corner, but if visas are easier to get due to religion rather than having to prove to be a tourist prepared to spend a whole heap of money in the US, then no wonder that terrorists can get into the US easier than bone fide tourist peeps:S.

Long reign the religion of skydiving!!!

Liz

Post to a couple of religious threads in Speaker's Corner, and you will be good to go.;)
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson