jumper03

New style friction adapters on Javelin leg-straps

Yeah, but type 7 didn't slip either until they changed to the continuous dying process and starting producing stuff at the low end of the 0.06 to 0.10 spec. If you don't want it to slip pick an odd ball color that is batch dyed.

And this overlaps with the spec of type 13 0.08 to 0.12. As long as type 7 was at the high end it was fine.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

I have had lots of customers complain about Type 7, doubled Type 8 and even Type 13 leg straps slipping. I applied the Icon fix to all of the above by sewing on a layer of Type 12 webbing to "thicken up" the leg straps.

I also sewed 1.5 inch wide Type 4 tape to the diagonal back-straps on a few Strong tandem student harnesses.

I don't fully understand the mechanics but what I gathered from the narrow fabrics folks was that the continuous process kept the yarn from swelling as much. At any.rate the high volume stuff, done with the continuous process, comes out at the low end of the spec. The batch dyed stuff ends up thicker. So order that pink harness.;)

Ted Strong was working on this with an ad hoc committee for PIA before he died. It didn't seem like the narrow fabric guys that know the effects of varying process were in touch with the gear folks to recognize the problem.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE