Icon134

so I want to rollerblade...

over to the local meijer store and pick up some pictures I had printed reciently... do y'all think they'll have a problem with me going in with blades on? or should I take a pair of shoes?
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

over to the local meijer store and pick up some pictures I had printed reciently... do y'all think they'll have a problem with me going in with blades on? or should I take a pair of shoes?

Take shoes, it is a liability for you to be on blades in the store [:/]
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

Take shoes. Maybe just a pair of flip flops or something easy to carry.
I've been asked to take my rollerblades off in stores a few times.
They usually assume that if you're on rollerblades you're just gonna go around at really high speed and run into everyone and everything and make a big big mess. It really pisses me off

Take shoes but just go in on your blades. If they ask you to remove the blades just change. Then you will know for next time. ;)

Why?

Just walk around in your socks if they REALLY have a problem - or go somewhere else that doesn't have nazi rules.:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I took shoes... I changed before I went in... I tend to get what enneR said... and would just as soon avoid problems if possible. I wanted a backpack to carry my photos back anyhow...

And to the "rollerblading is for girls" person... its an hour and a half there and back... (non stop...) not only that I got to go through the Wright State University college campus... (i.e. college coed watching... B|:P)

And to the "rollerblading is for girls" person... its an hour and a half there and back... (non stop...) not only that I got to go through the Wright State University college campus... (i.e. college coed watching... B|:P)

:D:D:D:D:D:D
If you sped up maybe it wouldn't take an hour and a half. duh!!
Your chances of any girls at the college have just been eliminated. They looked at you and said ummmm that is one ugly chic.:D:D:D:D:D
Skymama's #2 stalker -

They looked at you and said ummmm that is one ugly chic.

well I can't fault you on that one... I do make for one ugly chick... oh, and I never said I had a chance with them... it doesn't mean I can't look :)

btw:I can't go too fast yet because it's only my second time on them... :PB|

I got them so that I could use them with Karma... as an alternative to running everyday... :|

Ummm that could be a bad idea with karma.
She is so strong she could pull a car at like 10mph. She'll have you doing 50 in no time and then stop. You'll go flying, it won't be pretty. Hope you are wearing pads.

You should hang out at that college. College chics dig military men. They know you won't be around for long so you can get all the sluty ones. I know you want the sluts:ph34r:
Skymama's #2 stalker -

btw:I can't go too fast yet because it's only my second time on them...

Proceed with caution : ) and always carry a cell phone.

At ten of five on a Friday, the body shop told me that I could come over and get my car. If I didn't get it before five, I'd have to wait until Monday. The body shop was about a mile and 1/2 from my house. I knew that I couldn't run there that fast. So, I had a great idea. I'll ROLLERBLADE!

Put my wallet in my back pocket and went out the door. Bladed as fast as I could on this path that I thought would lead right through the shopping center near my house. I felt so clever. I'm taking a short cut! However, the paved path turned into gravel and then just compressed dirt and then back in to gravel.

Walking on the gravel in rollerblades was super slow. If I wanted to make it in time, I had to get off the path and down into the parking lot.

I started down a steep hill of compressed dirt and broke my ankle : (

I crawled down the hill to the service road behind the shopping center. No cell phone. No people. Eventually a construction worker happened by and lent me his phone.

Interesting...it turns out I didn't really need my car for the weekend.
It was a clutch and I had broken my left ankle : (
Jump, Land, Pack, Repeat...

I took shoes... I changed before I went in... I tend to get what enneR said... and would just as soon avoid problems if possible. I wanted a backpack to carry my photos back anyhow...

My husband rollerblades with the kids. He looks very masculine in his hockey-style roller blades, don't let anyone tell you different! :ph34r: -Now then if you're wearing the sparkle-pink Barbie(R) variety...meh, not so much. :|

Oh, and my sister in law just broke her wrist rollerblading a few days ago, so be careful. B|
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

actually... Karma sticks around a 7 mph pace... unless she gets startled and picks it up for a bit...

I have GPS documentation if you need proof... :P

7mph towing your fat ass:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

no... I'm usually towing her.. :P she is just sooo set in her pace... :D:D:D

Proceed with caution : ) and always carry a cell phone.

I hear that... I did have my cell phone... and I had a not so graceful stop in some grass... :D but I was able to stick to slow speed roads, sidewalks, and paved paths... B|