Andy_Copland

Ex Girlfriends Name Tattoo

Well the time has come for me to get rid of my ex girlfriends name on my arm. Im thinking red void stamp after reading about it somewhere, straight over the top of it. Big red letters "VOID" and nice outline with gaps to make it look like a genuine big stamp

Any other ideas?

People aint made of nothin' but water and shit.

Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.

Either laser it off or get a real cover up. Putting a "Void" over it is not the answer. You will always have another woman's name on you. Some will also think it is disrespectful. You did love Anna at one time.

On a side note, why would you tattoo anyone's name on yourself????

The only time you should look down on someone is when you are offering them your hand.

Was with the girl nearly 7 years. We got together when we were both 14 so thought it was a forever thing. Then i fucked off to the other side of the country for a long weekend with my buddy without telling her, got drunk and felt guilty so got it done... Not my smartest move i know. Im thinking real cover up with something big but i have 2 scars on that arm and area that one tattooist has already refused to tattoo over[:/]

People aint made of nothin' but water and shit.

Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.

Are you going to get your next girlfriends tattoo on your other arm or might you have learnt your lesson?

If you put a big void over it i doubt you would ever be able to find a good chick again. No chick with any self respect would want to be with a guy who has void over his ex's name.

Get it removed, or put a few more letters with it and just tell people it is a word that you made up and means something to do with jumping;)

Take a walk around Shepherds Bush and tell someone to keep their dog under control.... clicky... when the clever comes out ... offer up the correct arm..... job done.

Or get your new girlfriend to change her name bu deed-poll.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Take a walk around Shepherds Bush and tell someone to keep their dog under control.... clicky... when the clever comes out ... offer up the correct arm..... job done.

Or get your new girlfriend to change her name bu deed-poll.

Or you could add an M to the front, and people will wonder why you have "Manna" tattooed to your arm, rather than wondering where your arm went.

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

If you can't cover it up, get it lasered off. Some laser places will let you pay for the laser treatments whenever you have the money rather than scheduling everything in advance, and even one treatment may fade it enough so it looks like a bruise rather than a name. Depends on how old the ink is and how it reacts to the laser.

If you want to cover it up, find a really good artist to do it. You may need to cover it with something tribal, as tribal allows for lots of thick, black areas. Look through tattoo magazines and find an artist who's cover-up work you really like, and go there, and ask them to show you photos of cover-up work that they've done (some artists are great tattooists, but not so good at cover-ups... cover-up seem to be almost an art in itself)

Honestly, I'd try laser first if you can afford it. Best case, tattoo is completely gone. Worst case, you've faded it enough to make covering it up much easier.