shropshire

Aghhh Tenants

No not the larger;)

We rent a house out (no we're not rich, just lucky enough to have some equity in our home which we've used to finance a 2nd house - call it our pension)... anyway the tenant has stopped paying the rent so w're having to go to court to get her out (could take months, yet we still have to pay the mortgage and may never get the money back..... To my mind that's stealing and it makes me sooo maaaaad>:(>:(

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

No not the larger;)

We rent a house out (no we're not rich, just lucky enough to have some equity in our home which we've used to finance a 2nd house - call it our pension)... anyway the tenant has stopped paying the rent so w're having to go to court to get her out (could take months, yet we still have to pay the mortgage and may never get the money back..... To my mind that's stealing and it makes me sooo maaaaad>:(>:(

i'm a landlord too, i've got 2 maisonettes that i rent out. I had a couple stop paying rent last year, i asked them to pay and they kept fobbing me off with excuses. I know some people who used to dept collect for a loan shark up in Sheffield, i paid two men to go round and knock the bloke around a bit, i got the rent after that... they gave me notice and moved out though LOL

That sucks. Why the hell does it take so long? Why can't you just boot them out on their asses? Is this another legel issue of "dirbags rights are more important than peoples rights"?

Richards
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

It seems that way, doesn't it?

What gets me, if I borrowed someones car and got found out, I'd be nicked right away... I couldn't just keep on using it untill a court asked me politely to give it back, if I wouldn't mind awfully>:(.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome