JayhawkJumper

Yamata Sewing Machines

I've seen them years ago.
There's a reason they are cheaper.
Depends on how long ago they where made though.
As always, "Try before you buy".
“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec quotes (Polish writer, poet and satirist 1906-1966)

Have you heard anything about the brand new ones? I have had various industrial dealers tell me they aren't great machines, but not bad either. But there's a huge difference between a brand new Juki double needle ($2,200) and the new Yamata ($250) as far as price. I know they are made in China, probably in mass quantities.... making them cheaper. Anyone own one?

I bought a bar tack from Yamata for $1489 including head, table, and motor. Runs like a top even though everything needs to be set manually, same machine computer controlled machine is $900 more. I'm picking-up some other machines from them over New Years at there Miami warehouse. The price quoted to me for a double needle machine w/ separate needle bars was $988. and other machines I played with in there show room ran great and were priced affordable as well. Vince

Frank G. Ma
Tel: (305)418-4421 Fax: (305)418-5036
E-mail: [email protected]
YAMATA - Experience the stitches of excellence!
www.yamata.com
RiCOMA - Affordable, Reliable and Durable!
www.ricoma.us

Hm. Well your the first person that I've heard from that owns one. When I asked all the industrial dealersr in the area, they all said to stay away from Yamata as they were mass produced from China and trying to capitalize on the success of Yamato from Japan. Most techs said their machines worked, but they would often require more service, break more often, and timing would be an issue.

Most suggested to buy a used Singer, Juki, Brother or Consew.

Although I'm more interested now since you've had a good experience. Maybe the other dealers just make more $$ on the other machines.

What other machines are you going to get?