Snowwhite

I'm going to the WFFC 2006!!

Ok, so RevJim was gonna start this list again over the weekend, but he has been working a million hours a week, so that he can save every extra minute he has off for the World Free Fall Convention.
Since he hasn't had the time to reserect THE LIST, I'm doing it for him.

Time to sign in! Add your name to the The List and maybe he can sort it out later!

Snowwhite, present and accounted for!
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

Yeah, baby, Tink will be there, polluting the air over Rantoul again:)
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

what date does the wffc finish?
How would we get there from chicago? there will be at least 6 of us arriving in chicago and the rest coming from new zealand, i dont know where they will be flying to.
If we arrive on the 20th at o'hare how would we get down to somewhere where we could be picked up. Is costing over £700 just to get there!!
Thanks.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

...Yup, there's Gropey, Sleazy, Drinky...

Sounds like we have the same home DZ...:D:D

Have fun at WFFC.
Try not to let the party overshadow your....aw, screw it...have a blast at the party...:D:D:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

what date does the wffc finish?
How would we get there from chicago? there will be at least 6 of us arriving in chicago and the rest coming from new zealand, i dont know where they will be flying to.
If we arrive on the 20th at o'hare how would we get down to somewhere where we could be picked up. Is costing over £700 just to get there!!
Thanks.

Ok, I'll start working on some of the details for you!
We end on the 30th of July.
Tell me your arrival times, number of guys, Ohare? I am assuming, and I'll find you a decent, cheap shuttle.
Once in a while someone will be posting that they are looking to have riders with them, on our website. Not riders on our website, but oh well, you get it.
If someone is renting an RV in Chicago, they may have room for you to ride with them to Rantoul!
Make sure you cross post on our website to find out!
www.freefall.com
could save you a bunch of money, and make some cool new friends, too!
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

Thanks for that. There are two dates that our group looks at arriving. Either the 18th or the 21st. Both flights get in at 3pm. The thing is though is that the train leaves at 4pm each day and i doubt we will make that. Also on the way back the train arrives at the airport an hour to late for that day. Kinda sucks, means we have to stay in chicago for two nights. Bit of a waste really.
If you could show me alternative transport (busses) would be excellent. Paying so much to get there that it will be a real downer having to spend to days and nights in chicago.

Anyway thanks for the replies you are giving me. We were looking at hiring cars but again, be a waste seeing as we are going to be jumping and not driving. I am not sure the insurance would cover us throwing the car out of the plane either.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Thanks for that. There are two dates that our group looks at arriving. Either the 18th or the 21st. Both flights get in at 3pm. The thing is though is that the train leaves at 4pm each day and i doubt we will make that. Also on the way back the train arrives at the airport an hour to late for that day. Kinda sucks, means we have to stay in chicago for two nights. Bit of a waste really.
If you could show me alternative transport (busses) would be excellent. Paying so much to get there that it will be a real downer having to spend to days and nights in chicago.

Anyway thanks for the replies you are giving me. We were looking at hiring cars but again, be a waste seeing as we are going to be jumping and not driving. I am not sure the insurance would cover us throwing the car out of the plane either.

Naw, the insurance companies really frown on that, although there may be some folks coming to the WFFC who have had a little experience in that area, so they could give you a hand.
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

...We were looking at hiring cars ...

Don't use Avis...they banned my company because they didn't appreciate for the Rent-A-Car Road Tests we were giving them even though we brought back the results.

:D:S:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I will be their Thursday through the next Friday. It is to bad, its so early this year. I can't stay for the whole thing. My daughters birthday is 7/27. Guess I'm going to miss out, but I plan to make up for it by givner twice as hard as normal.. See ya their
HPDBs, I hate those guys.
AFB, charter member.

I called one of our shuttle providers. It looks like a group of 6 should plan on paying around 42.00 per person one way from OHare to Rantoul.
Group of 20 would be about 32.00 per person one way.
Let me know your plans and I will hook you up, or cross post on www.freefall.com. There may be better deals out there that I am not aware of.
You may even be able to rent a car cheaper, but then you still have gas etc.
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

I am a maybe.

I would like to go again, depends on work and if I can get a group of people interested in going down there this year.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka