tcoogan

Does this deal seem Sketchy?

"Foreign" means something different when there's an ocean separating the countries.

For you guys it seems to, but for us, not so much. I don't particularly care if it's the North Sea, an ocean or two or just a few lines on a map separating seller and buyer. In general Americans seem overly paranoid regarding borders to me, and in general, Europeans, Asians etc do not or to a much lesser extent anyway.

Why most of us here went to the euro, probably the same reason you all have US dollars, it's easy. But it is also easy to google up an exchange rate ;)

ciel bleu,
Saskia

"Foreign" means something different when there's an ocean separating the countries.

For you guys it seems to, but for us, not so much. I don't particularly care if it's the North Sea, an ocean or two or just a few lines on a map separating seller and buyer. In general Americans seem overly paranoid regarding borders to me, and in general, Europeans, Asians etc do not or to a much lesser extent anyway.

Why most of us here went to the euro, probably the same reason you all have US dollars, it's easy. But it is also easy to google up an exchange rate ;)

hate to say it, but i agree with ya. But I would say "inexperienced and scared". though "unjustifiably paranoid" is a very good description as well. Shipping a package to Canada is no different then to UK/Belgium/China etc.... People just need to open their minds.

Regarding the "deal" in the original title - if you are stupid enough to think somebody wants to sell you their premier skydiving gear for 50% of the street value - then perhaps you deserve to get screwed. If it's too good to be true - it almost certainly is. What puzzles me is that sometimes a "seller" like that will keep getting their ads pulled, but the account would still be active - why not suspend/block them since its obvious it's a scammer ??