RkyMtnHigh

The Hottest Hot Sauce you've ever had...

Describe the hottest hot sauce you've ever had. I started out loving Tabasco, then specialty hot sauces from the local areas in which I traveled, then Dave's Insanity Sauce (habanero sauce) that one drop in my iron skillet turned into MACE! and we evacuated my home...now I'm sweating, and my mouth is on fire from "the green sauce" from a local mexican restaurant which has tomatillos, chilis, jalapenos, habaneros...and I'm freakin dyin' here...whew!

How HOT is Hot to You?

That's one way to get your pores open!! :P

I'm sweating...must stop. Was tasty at one time, but tastebuds are numb now....I love spicy hot so much I try to douse every meal in Tabasco or crushed red peppers but this was a bit overboard.:S:P

Im not a fan of hot food but i just love the sweet taste of chili's :|

Hottest sauce was when i was in Liverpool visiting a friend, we went to a local kebab house called Uncle Paulies. Now normally kebabs dont really have that hot a sauce but uncle paulie whipped us out something special seeing as we were from out of town and basically drunk out our skulls making him rich for the night (was a few of us and we were HUNGRY.) Im telling ya, i have no idea what was in it but i avoided that kebab shop the rest of the time i was there, it near on killed me.

People aint made of nothin' but water and shit.

Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.

I have no idea what it was called but at the resturant Firehouse Subs (I believe they are spread over GA/FL, at least) they had a variety of hot sauses and I tried a little bit (and I do me a little bit...) of one of them on a potato chip...

and damn it was hot... (I couldn't taste damn near anything that meal... :o)
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

I do me a little bit...

and damn it was hot... (I couldn't taste damn near anything that meal... :o)

Ha ha he said I do me

oops!!! :$ I'll have to go back and fix that... :D:D:D or maybe not... :D:D:D:D:D
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

I tried some hot sauce at a store in Levenworth WA, it said "warning hot" all over the place. I thought it couldn't be that hot so I took a toothpick and just diped the tip and placed it on my tounge. HOLY FUCK IT WAS THE FUCKING HOTTEST THING IN THE WORLD. Blistered my tounge and ruined my hole day because I couldn't get my mouth to stop burning. :S:S
Some day I will have the best staff in the world!!!

A couple months ago my dad came down to visit me for a few days and teach me how to make a batch of our family's specialty, red pepper jelly, which has been in the family for some 70 years or so.

The recipe includes a lot of red bell peppers, along with a small proportion of cayenne peppers. Cayenne rates a 9 out of 10 on the hotness scale. We have to slice open each cayenne pepper and scrape out the insides, under water in the kitchen sink to keep the mace-like fumes to a minimum. Every time I sliced one open under water, it released the air bubbles inside the peppers, and I caught a whiff of them and started coughing with tears coming down my eyes... Shit...

My wife, 8 months pregnant at the time, could sniff the cayenne odors all the way over in the living room, and every time she coughed, she'd pee a bit. It got so bad she had to get the fuck out of the house... :D

However, the pepper jelly is really tasty with just a twinge of spiciness, or kick as you call it. Spread some cream cheese on a square cracker and place a small spoonful of pepper jelly on it and chow down. B|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I'd much rather have flavor than heat...

I like a balance. But... there's one hot sauce that has me craving flavor, because it's just heat for the sake of heat. It's toxic and nasty and ruins the BBQ sandwich you're eating it on. Still, everyone has to meet "The Man" at least once.

"The Man" is the hot sauce at Dixie's BBQ in Bellevue, WA. Dixie's is just barely a restaurant - they've taken over all but one of the bays of an auto body shop; I think they still do body work in the last bay because of zoning laws or something. It's just a bunch of picnic tables and a small cafeteria-style serving line. The lines will be out the door.

When you do finally get to the front of the line, you'd best know what you want, because the ladies who are behind the counter will not wait. In that sassy way that only black women of a certain age can throw 'tude, they will throw 'tude and you will feel shame.

After you've gotten your food and settled in at a table, keep an eye out for Gene. Gene owns the place. No one's quite sure - Gene could be 45, he could be 75. He just has one of those timeless faces. He walks around the restaurant with a shit-eating grin on his face and a cast-iron pot of the foulest, most toxic, most pure heat you've ever seen.

Gene will approach your table. The women will all get a "hey sweetie" or "hey baby." They are also usually immune from Gene's humiliation. But the men ... the men will all be asked "Hey boy! You met The Man?"

The proper answer is "Yep, Gene, I've met The Man." But if you are naive enough to say "No, what's The Man?" Gene will show you the pot. He will encourage you to try it. He'll warn you it's hot, and he might try to start you off light, but what he won't tell you is that one drop of the stuff is enough to heat your entire sandwich. Two will have you back in line asking for a second piece of cornbread. Three and you're gulping down sweet tea in hopes of taking the pain away. It's that hot.

Of course, there's always some punk who's never been there before, who think that he can handle hot sauce. Gene has the most fun with these guys, because they are macho. Gene gives them a normal amount of hot sauce, the type that any self-respecting heat-lover would take of any other hot sauce. Then he just sits back and chuckles as steam comes out of their ears.

It's not great barbecue... it's just good barbecue, but this is Seattle... not exactly known for it's 'cue. But it's a fun time. :)
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Release Form Wings at Harvey Washbangers. I swear they serve them in a basket of lava and mace sauce. If you can eat all eight little buffalo wings, you get your name on a plaque, t-shirt, etc. I finished three before my body literally felt like it was going to shut down. Two pitchers of water later, the area around my mouth was bright red from where the spices had burned and it stayed like that for two days.
Provoking a reaction isn't the same thing as saying something meaningful.
-Calvin

There is some sort of 'high' that you get from eating really hot hot sauce... It has little to do with the taste. I'm a total wimp when it comes to hot sauce, but I started out with Tabasco and have been working my way up to eating hotter things...

Ah, but then there is wasabi - a totally different kind of 'hot'... Man, I love that stuff! ;)

I can only really speak for curries, but I have had Daves Insanity Sauce and it was ridiculously hot. We still put it in our burgers at a BBQ though!

I love hot food, everything I make I have to spice it up a bit. Back on to curries, I can happily eat a Vindaloo although I tend to find they don't have much flavour. I haven't tried a Phall yet though, the hottest of them all.

There is something nice about sweating and suffering for your food though. It adds an extra dimension. We already have taste, texture, smell & colour... but this is a real extra physical level. Its almost spiritual :D

I may start a cult as I can't even have a tomatoe sandwich without about 10 shakes of white pepper over it.