mrmanta

super bandz substitute

I will assume you like the super bandz for the locking stows because they are so much tougher than conventional rubber bands. I do not like conventional bands for locking stows because they are so likely to break when I don't want them to, which can cause bag dump.

I make my own tube stows from the bulk silicone tubing you can find in the fishing section of sporting goods stores (really cheap per foot).

Use a pair of needlenose pliers to 'turn over' one end of the piece of tubing (turned inside-out) about 5mm. Insert the closed pliers into the other end if the piece of tubing and open the pliers to expand the tubing. Now take a pair of hemostats (sp?) or similar instrument to grab the turned over end of the tubing and insert it into the opened end. Carefully slide the tubing off the pliers and you're done. No need to glue anything.

When you attach it to the d-bag, make sure to put the 'joint' of the tube stow in the area of the larkshead where there is little tension.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am