PrairieDoug

Terry Arnold

I'm deeply saddened to report that Terry Arnold, a long-time skydiver and rigger, suffered a fatal heart attack last night. Terry lived in Maryland and jumped most frequently at Skydive Orange in VA and at Cross Keys in NJ.

No word yet on arrangements.

Terry was one of my skydiving mentors. He set a great example to follow and I'll miss him.

Doug

I have known Terry for many years from Skydive Delmarva. He was my rigger and friend. I am so surprised at his passing. I was just over at his place just a few weeks ago. In all the years I've known him, I never heard of any medical problems.

This is truly a sad day. [:/]

I have only known Terry for a short time, but had the pleasure to hang out with him and jump with him a bit in the past few months. In fact, I just made a really fun jump with him a few weeks ago. He liked to join me on tandems when I was shooting video, sharing in the moment when someone made that special first jump. I will always have very fond memories him.

I too can't believe it. Last time I saw him and jumped with him he was happy as can be; active, healthy, and all cares to the breeze. I will try to post the video of our last jump together some time soon. It's got a nice landing shot of him with a high five, full of life.

My condolences to his friends and family. It's never easy. Eternal blue skies, Terry. You will be truely missed.

Edit to add a few frames grabbed from the video of our last jump. Will try to get a hold of the actual stills. Think the tandem student is about to start AFF.

I just looked at my reserve data card and it has his signature on it 19 times. The first and only two-plane skydive I was ever on was organized by him in 1998. I could go on and on, as I'm sure others could. He was an excellent rigger (the best with a reflex) and a good friend. Many a skydiving lady will be crying tonight...:(

This is very sad news. I'm heartbroken. I've known Terry for 13 yrs. He was my rigger for a while. Many good times with him. Please post the arrangements if anyone has them. I was told the service will be on Monday in Gaithersburg but thats all I know right now. I don't know where in Gaithersberg. Blues Skies Terry. You will be missed.

Please post the arrangements if anyone has them. I was told the service will be on Monday in Gaithersburg but thats all I know right now. I don't know where in Gaithersberg.

Terry's family will be holding a service on Monday, May 1st at 11 AM at:

DeVol Funeral Home
10 East Deer Park Drive
Gaithersburg, MD 20877
301-948-6800

Also, plans are currently in the works for Terry's ashes to be scattered during a memorial jump sometime in the future. The date/place has not been determined yet but will be posted as soon everything's been decided.

Remember to tell your friends this weekend (and every opportunity you get) how much they mean to you.............
What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.

Tentative plans are for Terry’s memorial jump to be held at Skydive Orange with a target date of early July. Anyone interested in receiving updates can send an email to [email protected] and you will be added to the email distribution list.

For those who couldn't attend on Monday, Terry's memorial service was very nice and uplifting. There were a lot of skydivers there which I'm sure meant a great deal to his family. Make sure you hear the hilarious story of how his daughter told the preacher to shut up......................
What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.