fireflytx

Anyone ever have a tattoo removed?

I went for my first session today. Even with the numbing cream it still kinda hurt but only took 4 minutes. It is REALLY FUCKING SORE right now. It looks the same as it did but all red. I guess the ink is coming to the surface and is going to scab up. What sucks is I will have to go back for several more sessions to get rid of this ugly thing.

What kind of results have you all had?
"Well behaved women rarely make history"

I've had four treatments on five different tattoos. Yeah, it fucking hurts. You can actually smell the flesh burning. They say it will take 10-12 treatments, but we seem to be ahead of schedule. The reds and blues came out pretty quickly, but the greens are going to take a while. I had a black rose on my forearm and now the only thing you see is the green leaves.

I guess the ink is coming to the surface

the laser removal doesn't make the ink come to the surface for the most part. The ink is broken down into smaller particals by the laser and asorbed into /taken away by the bloodsteam. very interesting actually :)

Where is my fizzy-lifting drink?

OK, I had 2 VERY black tats removed. The pain is incredible. It took 5 treatments. It ends up a pretty bad burn, so it will hurt for about a week or so after each treatment. As for the results, it is perfect. You can see no sign whatsoever that there was a tat there.

Here is the weird part. When I get out of a really hot shower, you can see the outline of where they used to be. Picture it this way, the hot shower naturally makes your skin turn a little red, but there is no redness where the tats used to be.
Time flies like an arrow....fruit flies like a banana

Which tattoo are you having removed?

back of her left shoulder. The bat silouhette across the moon.

Funny thing when I got it, it wasn't a silouhette...it have a face a detail in the wings......it just looks like shit now

I think I may just die right now........it keeps hurting worst as the day goes on
"Well behaved women rarely make history"

Which tattoo are you having removed?

back of her left shoulder. The bat silouhette across the moon.

Funny thing when I got it, it wasn't a silouhette...it have a face a detail in the wings......it just looks like shit now

I think I may just die right now........it keeps hurting worst as the day goes on

Ok, I think I can now live with my 6 ugly butterflies. How bad does it hurt? Give me something to compare it to.

"Excuse me while I kiss the sky..." - Jimi Hendrix

For those out there who are thinking about getting a tattoo, but are worried about this issue:

http://www.newscientisttech.com/article.ns?id=mg19025495.600&feedId=online-news_rss20

IF YOU are planning to express your undying love for someone with a tattoo, you might want to wait a little while before going under the needle. New inks that are safer to use, and far easier to remove should you have a change of heart, are set to be launched next year.

The US Food and Drug Administration has no standards for the safety of dyes used in body art. Carbon black, metal salts and other compounds more commonly used in printing or car paint are among those used. Heavy metals and other toxic chemicals in these pigments can seep into the lymph system, says Martin Schmieg, president of the company Freedom-2 in Philadelphia, which is planning to introduce a range of dyes that have already been approved by the FDA for use in cosmetics, food, drugs and medical devices.

Such dyes have not been used in tattoos before as they are readily absorbed by the body. To get round this problem, Rox Anderson at the Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston has developed a way to encapsulate the dyes in protective polymer beads just 1 to 3 micrometres in diameter. This is small enough to allow them to be injected into the skin and absorbed by skin cells to form a tattoo.

The pigment can be removed with a single laser treatment. This splits the beads open, dumping the dye into cells where it is absorbed. The tattoo then quickly fades away, in stark contrast to standard tattoo pigments. Applying a series of up to 10 laser treatments can usually bleach them, but only half of tattoos can be completely removed.

From issue 2549 of New Scientist magazine, 27 April 2006, page 25

I got a tattoo in 1990 and it was stupid, so I had it removed in 1995. Back then, they used a Ruby Laser and because I had so much yellow, it never fully went away even after 8 treatments. (The thing was only an inch square.) So, it ended up looking like a "what-the-fuck-is-that?" tattoo. So, I got another one to cover that one up. Much better. :)
Edited to add: Before the laser treatment, they would rub a numbing agent on my skin and then shoot up the area with Novacaine. After it was fully numb, they would laser it. The laser didn't hurt a bit, but the Novacaine hurt like a beeotch.
PMS#28, Pelogrande Rodriguez#1074
My Pink M

Its a well known fact that a burn is just about one of the most painful things on the planet, they suck, bad

So the way i look at it is Needle vs Burn = Cover up

Its a very simple forumula :D

People aint made of nothin' but water and shit.

Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.