sid

my new Porche

On saturday, my friend and teamate Fritz tried to take me to China the short way (through the earth). He hurt his ankles and feet so bad he couldn't drive home - so I guess I won a Porche.:)

In the attached pic of me taking the car out for breakfast there's a subtle hand signal if you look closely where I'm showing him "I GOT DA KEYS BABY!!!!!!!!"
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

He has keys to his porch? Huh... I though you only needed keys to get into the house.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

He has keys to his porch? Huh... I though you only needed keys to get into the house.

LOL - actually iy took me 5 minutes to find where to put the key! Fucking german engineering, who puts the key in the dash??????????
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

LOL - actually iy took me 5 minutes to find where to put the key! Fucking german engineering, who puts the key in the dash??????????

Uhh...just about everyone? :P The confusing part on that car is that it's on the left (door) side of the steering wheel instead of the right. :D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Uhh...just about everyone? :P The confusing part on that car is that it's on the left (door) side of the steering wheel instead of the right. :D

Blues,
Dave

well, on my good ole "Merican Buick it's on the steering column! Where God intended it to be! :ph34r: btw I was advised to cover the license plate for legal reasons (like I mighta shouldnta be drivin' it), so I fixed it right up!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pete Draper,

Where God intended it to be!

Yeah...I miss the good old dayz!:)

Back when a 'safety belt' came from the bottle in the back seat, the dash boards were made of steel,
'dual air bags' were what was hiding under the cheerleaders sweater on the shotgun side,
and the ignition key was hangin' from the dash...right at knee cap level!B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Hey Sid,

Betcha could make it to FL real quick in that!!!
:P:ph34r:

Mike - I couldn't afford the gas to get half way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pete Draper,

..ouch... for Fritz:|[:/]

...slick move Sid,,,
picking up your legs so poor Fritz could absorb ALL 400 pounds of the 2 of you:o:)Or is it 450 !!!!!???hahaha .... and then you get his car;) yahoo..come on over and visit,, and we can recreate the Ferris Bueller scene where they give the Ferrari to the parking lot attendants,, ( "You've got NOTHING to worry about, we're Professionals" ) I know how to ride shotgun...:SB|
anyway.. I hope he's ok and back to smiling,,, as wide as YOU are...:)say Hi to the Fingers Lakes crowd for me.... jmyT

Yeah, I dig the older models too. I've got a '76 912E and just got my son a '72 914. Both are a blast to drive, very different handling tho, and they're easy to work on. Because of Porsche's history in Rally racing, they found that split seconds could be saved when the driver got in the car and put it in gear with the right hand while starting it with the left hand. That's why the ignition is on the left side of the steering wheel.