jonjonson

Danger Hours

I spoke with a pilot yesterday and he told me that a student pilot is most likely to make mistakes at 300 hours and 800 hours. these are the most confident times.

is this true??

is there a set numbers of jumps in which most skydivers make mistakes?

the median jump number for canopy landing related deaths has been right around 500 in recent years. But I wouldn't be surprised if 'mistake' likelihood is pretty high right past the 100 mark where there is some level of comfort achieved in a known environment, only to get caught by unusual events, and learn from it.

By mistake do you mean fatality, or just mistake? Like looking down and thinking you're over the LZ, but instead are on the other end of the airport you only occasionally visit, leading to a nice long walk back?

Not that I know anything about such an incident....

this was moved to the bonfire.

Why, I have no idea. It certainly was on topic in General Skydiving Discussions.

From Gen skydiving?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

this was moved to the bonfire.

Why, I have no idea. It certainly was on topic in General Skydiving Discussions.

From Gen skydiving?

Yes... and although I do agree it is a General Aviation question in lieu of a General Skydiving question... I think the concepts are still applicable to General Skydiving... :|
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

okay i'll do it...

it really depends on the political party ...

liberals generally make mistakes early on, because they're more stupider ... they do it in the first hundred or so.

conservatives tend to be more, well, conservative, so they get over-confident right around five-hundred.

gays and lesbians don't have any balls so ten to stick it out the longest ... making their mistakes right around the thousand mark...

straight women ... well nobody knows what the hell they're doing anyways...

i have scientific evidence to back all of this up...check out The Political Geography of Skydiving Stupidness, by Johnson, et al, 1998.
This ad space for sale.