mikempb

Class action suit against VIGIL

Hi all Im one of many Im sure who has had there VIGIL sent back due to a bad cutter and also there was something else wrong with it( failed to stay on with a good bat) I contacted them by phone and E-amil. I will admit it was late this week and im giving them more time to get back to me.
I have not had a Vigil all season and I have had NOOOOOOOOOOO word or apology of any sort. Dont get me wrong I LOVE spending money I dont have on a piece of equipment that doesnt work to Not save my life. But enough is enough.
Are there others who are fed up? Lets start a class action law suit to get our money back, give them some real bad press until OUR problem is fixed.
MY GOAL is to either have a working AAD by beg. of next season or my full refund to go buy one that I can rely on
send me PMs or just respond
Thanks all, if anyone has any info that will help i'd appreciate it

I'm not sure how many skydivers, while Vigil is doing their best to make a good, sollid AAD, would be interested in a class action suit, or all things. Something about lawsuits and skydiving that just doesn't settle well with me.....:|

=========Shaun ==========

I've seen them give extremely good service to people. I remember early on when they had a recall. They tracked this guy down on the phone. Once he confirmed that he was the owner they said that they were shipping him a whole new unit. He hadn't even heard of the problem much less sent his unit in. They simply asked that he return the first unit when he got a chance. That is not bad service.

Lee
Lee
[email protected]
www.velocitysportswear.com

As a New York city firefighter I can understand your concern for a safety device that works properly Mike and is serviced in a timely manner. Look at the bright-side, at least they don't make containers.

A friend of mine just bought a new Icon and put a cypress2 in it.

Mike,
Have you tried getting someone to help you reach out to Vigil. Maybe Sonic knows someone there. I remeber a guy from Vigil being at the Ranch once (maybe on a safety day); but, I cannot find his card. It's a small community, I am sure if you try, you can find a "friend of a friend" who works at Vigil.

Personally I am not a fan of lawsuits. I know you are pissed to be out over $1000. I would be too. I am sure that for a small fee, you could get a lawyer to write them a letter asking for a refund or new unit.

If I dig up the card, I'll PM you.

B

The only time you should look down on someone is when you are offering them your hand.

When exactly did you buy the vigil? I can see your dilemma if you bought one when they first came out, but if they had been out for a while a little research could have been done on your part to determine the potential issues associated with the vigil.

When exactly did you buy the vigil? I can see your dilemma if you bought one when they first came out, but if they had been out for a while a little research could have been done on your part to determine the potential issues associated with the vigil.

Thats where you are wrong.. If theres anything wrong with the product, customer has the right to get the problem fixed. It is not up to the customer to actively seek information about produts and calculate risks to minimize potential problems.

It is the sellers duty to fix the problem if the product does not meet the expectations.

Mike,
Where did you buy your Vigil ? Did you buy it used or from a retailer ? If you bought it from a retailer I would 1st try to solve this thing thru the retailer..

Dude I understand that you are upset but honestly you can't just sue a company just because their customer service is bad.

If that would be the case do you realize how many companies would be sued for bad customer service. Also you need to be pro active in the case of your stuff. If you want to find out about your equipment YOU need to find out. HELL, keep calling until you get an answer. That is what I would do
EXPECT THE WORST, HOPE FOR THE BEST!!!

have you tried to bargain with them at all for a refund or free services? I think you should eliminate all avenues before even thinking of a lawsuit. I hate lawsuits they are mostly bullshit, and I think if you pursue a suit with this you would be pissing in the wind more or less. Keep in mind that sucks about your experience with them but.... come on
don't try your bullshit with me!!!

Thanks guys, I know what you mean and Im glad I have some understanding out there, your right about being persistant and I will. I did buy from a retailer and I'll call him today. Last time I asked about it, it didnt seem like anything was going to happen anytime soon.

I'll agree with your statement But there are tons of reports of vigil mis firings and other problems also associated with it.

Now i've got a question for you. Why would you not do some research on a product before buying it?

While that may be quite prudent, it's not really the issue here. Regardless of what other people's experiences are or have been with a Vigil, I'm fairly sure that when AAD sold him the device through their dealer neither AAD nor the dealer represented it as a device that he'll be lucky to see in a working state for much of his first year, therefore he has every right to be upset with what he has received in terms of both product and service.

On the other hand, I'd also agree that this is probably not the best way to go about it and a few phone calls to the right people would probably be a lot more productive.

It's got a 20 year service life. If it took a whole season for them to resolve the problem and provide me with a working unit, I'd start by asking for a refund of 1/20th of the purchase price.

Agreed that my question is a little off topic but.....

what i'm trying to get at is that the whole situation could have been avoided if the user would have done some homework and checked out the product before buying it, like a said before there are tons of reports of vigil problems.

Today I received an email from the manufacturer's US representative regarding the OP's issue with their Vigil. I was asked to post a reply on her behalf to this thread. TO do so while leaving it locked did not seem like the fair thing to do, SO . . . I removed the pissing contest, and have added the manufacturer's input in the next reply.

I have also unlocked the thread so it can continue . . .

mikempb and bigway: please don't let this turn into another dirt throwing match. Take any heated arguments to PMs.
Arrive Safely

John

Posted on behalf of Candace Procos, Vigil USA:

This customer's AAD was returned to Vigil USA by his dealer on July 16th. Vigil USA sent it to A.A.D, Belgium, for evaluation and repair and it was returned to his dealer on September 11th.

He contacted Vigil USA on Friday afternoon after the office was closed and left a message and sent an e-mail. This customer was contacted on Monday morning and told that the Vigil was already sent to the dealer. From our understanding his dealer had held his Vigil along with other equipment he had purchased and was waiting for him to pick up. This was between the customer and his dealer.

In the future we ask customers to please contact Candace at Vigil USA or their dealers, and give them time to respond before they post such negative and unfounded comments on a public forum.

Arrive Safely

John

In any event, one case of presumed bad customer service is not what class actions are for. That would be suitable if Vigil was doing this on a wide scale, something that is not evident.

And certainly Friday->Monday is too short a time to conclude they're not responding.

it was in the press in europe,...the company i didnt remember,...
in the magazin from our assisation was an open letter from one of the guys who developed the vigil...
and he said in this open letter "dont buy this, its not ready for the market".....the reasons why he publish it are maybe he wants to safe people or he get in trouble with his boss, who knows....;)