Lenzo

b license

Live water training, 50 skydives totalling at least 30 minutes freefall, pass written exam with at least 75%, 10 landings within 10 meters of target.
What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

Live water training should be required for the A-License. Enough skydivers, some of them students, have drowned that this should be considered an essential survival skill. Moreover, it will give DZO's more inscentive to host water training more often. I've met all the B-license criteria so far and still no B-license, guess why.

Get an instructor to take you to a YMCA pool, with a rig you can get wet. Doesn't have to happen at the DZ
What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

Live water training should be required for the A-License. Enough skydivers, some of them students, have drowned that this should be considered an essential survival skill.

When did this last occur?

The DZ I finished up the A with had a monthly water class in the early morning, followed up by a packing class, so there most people did both at the same time.

If by that you mean the last drowing of a jumper, I seem to recollect the death in the last 18-24 months of a Tandem master and student when they landed offshore in surf.
The choices we make have consequences, for us & for others!

Live water training, 50 skydives totalling at least 30 minutes freefall, pass written exam with at least 75%, 10 landings within 10 meters of target.

don't forget the B-license check dive or 10 (or so) successful formations

what constitutes a "formation"

For the USPA the complete requirement reads:

(2) or successful completion of the planned formation(s) on ten group freefall jumps

The USPA SIM defines "Formation Skydiving" as:

1: Aerial maneuvers by two or more freefalling skydivers with each other, usually to form geometric formations.

So... It would appear if two or more jumpers make a RW (belly OR vertical) plan for a jump and complete that plan in freefall (usually defined as taking the grips).... that is a "formation" for purposes of this requirement. I would assume that making a single point would be sufficient, even if more than one point was planned.
The choices we make have consequences, for us & for others!

I've met all the B-license criteria so far and still no B-license, guess why.

OK, I'll guess: You've not applied for it.

Either that or you haven't met all the B-license criteria. :S
"Even in a world where perfection is unattainable, there's still a difference between excellence and mediocrity." Gary73

For the USPA the complete requirement reads:

(2) or successful completion of the planned formation(s) on ten group freefall jumps

The USPA SIM defines "Formation Skydiving" as:

1: Aerial maneuvers by two or more freefalling skydivers with each other, usually to form geometric formations.

So... It would appear if two or more jumpers make a RW (belly OR vertical) plan for a jump and complete that plan in freefall (usually defined as taking the grips).... that is a "formation" for purposes of this requirement. I would assume that making a single point would be sufficient, even if more than one point was planned.

So you just have to turn one point with one other person to make a successful formation? cool, b license here I come

If by that you mean the last drowing of a jumper, I seem to recollect the death in the last 18-24 months of a Tandem master and student when they landed offshore in surf.

I dont really see how A License water training would have affected the outcome of that incident one way or another. But I will admit that sounds like a horrific and terrible accident.
"Tell ya the truth, I don't think this is a brains kind of operation."

If you've met all the criteria than you have the license.

I believe that statement is incorrect, he has met the criteria, but does not have a B license. Not till he documents it, then applies for it and it is issued, then he HAS a B license. Until then he is just qualified for one, if being qualified for one is all that is required for a night jump or some other form of jumping he would be good to go, if HAVING the license is how it is stated he would need at least the E-mail or Fax Confirmation (maybe a photo copy of the mailed in application would work too).

But I think the Megatron was still missing the Water Training and that was what his statement was about.
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!