GeekStreak

Ever Had Flying Dreams?

Do you ever dream that you are flying? I hear that it's pretty common. I can still vividly remember flying around our house (in a dream) at the age of 5. I'm wondering if jumpers are more prone to this.
Take the poll! Tanx, KB

When did you first start having flying dreams?
Since I Can Remember
Since Adolescence
Since Early Adulthood
Since My Divorce ;)
Since I Started Jumping
Never
Other

There's a song (the name, artist escapes me at the moment) that has a line in it that says - when you dream your feet never touch the ground. I can't ever remember walking in my dreams!! So, am I flying all the time? Hmmmm, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy!! (did I happen to mention there's not a cloud in the sky? Killer blue all around!!)
Divadiver

I had falling dreams for a long time. They were weird floaty kinds of falls though. And I always managed to not get hurt when I "hit" the ground. I also had dreams where I'd try to run from something but my... feet... seemed... stuck. I'd also try to shoot people but the trigger was too hard to pull. :o
Since skydiving, the running/shooting dreams have gone away. All the falling dreams are freefall. And I've had flying dreams, but they're all under canopy.
I'm weird. :P
------------
Blue Skies!
Zennie

I think it was a Georgia Tech jumper who said "You know those dreams where you're falling? You consider them nightmares. I consider them a tease." Very cool quote.
I always wanted to be a fighter pilot so those are the only "flying" dreams I ever had. But I don't remember my dreams very clearly unless I've had a solid 9 hours of sleep for a few days in a row. My first year in college I never had any dreams until I went home on break because I was always sleep-deprived. I had some really freaky dreams (not nightmares) once, and they shocked me so much that I started sleep-depriving myself again.
Blues, squares,
PTiger

I use to have those falling dream and just before you hit all the muscles in your body tighten and shoot you jolting from the dream. I haven't had one of those since I started jumping either, I just freefall. Cool, huh!!
Divadiver

Same thing here. I havent had the "flying" dreams where you just jump off the ground and fly around for a minute, or the falling dreams where all of a sudden you would jump up and be startled from sleep (wake up and feel like you are falling out of bed and trying to catch yourself) since I started skydiving. Go figure? Not sure about why the flying, without a rig that is, dreams stopped. Pretty sure the "falling" dreams stopped because falling is looked upon differently now. The mind must not see the fall as threatening as it used to so it does not go into a more aware state, i.e. wake you up. Not sure though, the brain is pretty damn complex.
Sweet Dreams;)
Craig
Craig

Ya'll Crack me up!!
Beautiful women and pickles!! HAA hee hee,, I think the dream thread will be the only never ending thread here!! It pops up every 3-4 months after gettin lost in the archives,, I think learnin ta FF turns an instinctive fear into a friggin fantasy!!
Sweat Dreams!!
Billy

I have flying dreams all the time & have had ever since I was little. Sometimes I need a big run up to take off but they're always fences & trees in the way. Sometimes I'm swooping through the sky being chased (usually in these I'm a good witch being chased by a bad one!). Once I flew along the coast of Africa. Once I flew hand-in-hand with my boyfriend who had just died (died for real) over Melbourne (where we lived). I used to have at least 1 flying dream a week but now I only have skydiving dreams. I kind of miss the others where I'm just flying on my own powers, but the skydiving dreams actually give me a lot of confidence.

Used to have flying dreams - floating around under control - all the time - like several times a week - until I started jumping. Never had one since.
Guess it was a suppressed desire or premonition or some such shite.
Geoff

Same thing here. I havent had the "flying" dreams where you just jump off the ground and fly around for a minute

I have those dreams all the time that I am flying where ever I go. It is the greatest feeling until I start trying to land and it is like there is no gravity and I end up bouncing back into the air again and eventually become frustrated. :)Tee

this is an attempt to revive good threads.. trying to bring the mood back up around here...
i dont have the normal "flying" dreams but about 2 months ago i had a dream that i had all the gear i ever needed.. woke up and was soooooooooooo sad cause it wasnt true. but now, with the settlement from the accident just around the corner i had the same dream. this time i woke up and was estatic. pretty soon i will have everything i could ever dream of and money to waste!!! breaking my nose, having knee surgury and not walking for months suddenly seems all worth it! and they say money cant make you happy... guess they werent skydivers then!
Giddy Giddy me!
kelly