Scoop

Looking to sell rig. Getting dusty and can't have that. Advice please

Hi,

I am having a REALLY slow introduction to skydiving. I have thrown plenty of money on kit but its just not getting used. I jump so infrequently I don't know if I can justify the money sitting on my bedroom floor only being used a couple of times a month. I feel I may be better paying that little bit extra to rent kit when I do jump. I am a bit unsure as to a resale value though, which is where I would like some advice.

As a complete rig:
Sunrise Wings container, articulated harness, cut in laterals, (with 40 jumps) to suit around 6'2", medium - large build
PD Silhouette 210 main canopy (100 jumps)
Glidepath Maverick reserve (0 jumps - rigger inspection confirms this to best of their ability) - Still has 5 months on packjob
1 year old Cypres 2
RSL installed
Collapsible slider and PC

What do you think is reasonable price?

Many thanks

Sam

From personal experience, I think you should stop imagining what you can get with the money, and just hang on to the rig.

Sell it and someday you will regret it and wind up buying ANOTHER rig.

If you are not in dire financial straits that require you liquidate any assets, and you have no plans to quit skydiving forever, just hang on to it.

You will kick yoursel when the money you get from the sale is gone and you have nothing to show for it, and have to rent someone elses gear when you want to jump.

I did that. Ended up buying another rig 8 months later.

You dont know where that rental gear has been ;)

__

My mighty steed

I only know US pricing; dunno if that will help you. Assuming perfect condition, I'd figure roughly $1000 container, $1000 main, $1000 Cypres; can't really estimate a value on the reserve without knowing the d.o.m.

That said, you will regret not having a rig if you intend to keep jumping. Sell this one and replace it with something that is older and worth less? Perhaps. But don't go back to rental gear.

From personal experience, I think you should stop imagining what you can get with the money, and just hang on to the rig.

Sell it and someday you will regret it and wind up buying ANOTHER rig that'll cost a bit more than your old one, especially new.

Fixed it for you.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I'd say sell the badge and uniform and use the rig.

Keep it, dude. Put it in the parlor...great conversation piece and the maid will dust it on her daily trips through the house.
:D:P

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I'd say sell the badge and uniform and use the rig.

The job is partly the reason for the slow progression. I work 3 in every 5 weekends. Bastards.

I guess I just have winter blues as its not exactly enticing weather.

I'm going to hold fire for now and just wait and see how I feel in a few weeks.

Do what the rest of the brits do.Come over to the USA and see what skydiving is all about. Hell, the 1st jump is on me. If i lived in the UK i would find myself selling all my gear. Totally different jumping there. f your not broke keep the gear.
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

You're right. UK jumping really isn't the same. I was gonna come over your way beginning of next year actually. See the pikey and see what all the fuss is about... oh and take advantage of your (comparatively) ludicrously cheap jump tickets!

Make sure the Farm is on your U.S. itinerary. We'll save a heifer for you. All the sheep are worn out...Clay was here this weekend.
:D:D

Did I spell itinerary properly?

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

You're right. UK jumping really isn't the same.

Jumping in the UK isn't like jumping at, oh, Eloy - but it can be great. I don't know Old Buck (which you list in your profile) so can't comment on it, but if you haven't travelled around then give it a go. You might be inspired!

You're right. UK jumping really isn't the same. I was gonna come over your way beginning of next year actually. See the pikey and see what all the fuss is about... oh and take advantage of your (comparatively) ludicrously cheap jump tickets!

And you don't need to go all the way to the states either - you could fly down to Spain and got to the Seville winter boogie, or Empuria for christmas. Year round good weather is only £50 away on Ryanair;)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Yeah cheers. I've been to Emp twice. Great place. Probably the reason I get depressed when I come back home :(

Just save your money, come out and work. i'll put your ass to work for a couple of weeks and jump your ass off at the farm $139. Its a win win situation. If you leave wanting to sell your gear then that is what you should do. I promise you, you will be looking for a green card within a week.
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?