swedishcelt

Last night I went to the movies...

and they forgot our theatre! We went to see a 6:30PM showing of American Haunting (still a $6.00 matinee at this particular theatre) and it was 6:30 and no cartoon, pop quiz, previews... na da!! Then...it was 6:45PM and everyone in the theatre, all 12 of us were taking bets on how long it would take for someone to notice us just sitting there in front of a dark screen.
At 6:55 I go out in the hallway and yell, "Yoo Hoo! Hey movie people, NO MOVIE! WTH?!!"
The lady was like, "Oh shit!! Sorry!"

It's okay though cause afterwards I snuck into Silent Hill and they were totally okay with it. :ph34r: I saw two movies for only $6.00, I'm such a cheapster. :$

Anybody else see those movies yet? What did you think?

I have been looking forward to "American Haunting" for a long while, but I'll probably have to see it by myself since Cora doesn't like scary movies. As for "Silent Hill", I read some reviews from hard-core movie fans and the reactions were mixed. The whole "portal to another dimension" thing was lost on some, and the correlation between the evil girl and the adopted girl was a bit convoluted and difficult to follow. That's only what I gathered from reading the reviews. I still want to see both movies, however. I'll probably enjoy SH more now that I've had my expectations lowered by those reviews. :)
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

we rent from blockbuster

last great film

NARNIA

yea we are tired of the blood,monsters stuff

narnia is one of those movies you can sit down with the family and everyone enjoys

59 YEARS,OVERWEIGHT,BALDIND,X-GRUNT
LAST MIL. JUMP VIET-NAM(QUAN-TRI)
www.dzmemories.com

Me TOO. I saw the Sentinel. It was a great movie. Lots of fun. But the lights never went out in the theater. Isn't there a way that they can use a computer to control this stuff. they are just so much more reliable.
Yeah...You need to grow up. -Skymama

Both lacked the aspect that keeps you guessing. I predicted a lot of what should happen. Silent Hill was a bit confusing, no- misleading is a better word for it...

Of the two, I thought American Haunting was the better movie.

I would like to see a new film out there that really makes me say, "Woh!! I NEVER expected that!!!":o It hasn't happened in awhile. Not even Quentin Tarantino does it for me anymore...[:/]

I would like to see a new film out there that really makes me say, "Woh!! I NEVER expected that!!!":o It hasn't happened in awhile. Not even Quentin Tarantino does it for me anymore...[:/]

I know what you mean. Even "Stay" was disconcertingly predictable on the major story points. I was disappointed to see that my perceptions of what was REALLY transpiring in that movie were correct in the end. I'm hoping Aronofsky's "The Fountain" will bring back a sense of wonder and amazement for me with regard to movies.
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC

Jen and I went to see "American Haunting" last Sunday night. I thought it was decent. A little short.

Upon reaching the ending, the first thought that went through my mind was "Wow, a somewhat scary movie with an agenda..."

Goudha is for Buddha, and that's good enough for me!

Jen and I went to see "American Haunting" last Sunday night. I thought it was decent. A little short.

Upon reaching the ending, the first thought that went through my mind was "Wow, a somewhat scary movie with an agenda..."

Based on what I've read about it, that movie was based on a true story about a family in the mid 1800s that was being terrorized by a "presence".

Based on what I've read about it, that movie was based on a true story about a family in the mid 1800s that was being terrorized by a "presence".

Yes, from right here in my home state of Tennessee (about 2 hours from where I live).

The key phrase "based on a true story". Some of the elements are truth. Many are the directors, writers, & producers "spin"...

Still, not a bad movie, just a little different than the historical information I had read years ago...

Goudha is for Buddha, and that's good enough for me!