kharkness

Rigger Seal Presses

>>and would rather get something thats nice and crisp
I prefer them very blurry, LOL!

NickD :)

See that thing that looks like an R? Its actually a Q and so on for the other 2 letters.

I could just pack them and use the ole U.S. seal I have... that'll confuse people :P
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Just an update, I got the die only and put it into one of the surplus presses (the one with the bolts, not the pins)

Looks good.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

Is that from the source I pointed you to? It looks nice and crisp.

Nope, this is from the place Mike G uses. It cost me $25. Not the cheapest, but very nice, especially next to the paragear one.

if anyone has pictures of custom symbols it would be great to see some.

The symbols from that company were expensive... They charge you for the programming of the image once, and keep it on file for future reference.

The cost is $20 for three letters plus $55 for custom engraving, which include $35 one time charge programming fee.
So the first die cost will be $75 and $40 for each additional with the same background if any.

Couldn't justify spending that much on a pretty little picture.

Not so much custom but you can put something against the seal and then put it in the press. Our pennies have a maple leaf and I put a penny on the other side on my seal #'s and press it. So I have my #'s on one side and a maple leaf on the other.

Just FYI, these die are larger than the stock ones (that I believe paragear sells) - (thicker) and just a hair narrower. Here are some pictures against the stock blank

It looks about 3/16" for these, compaired to the 1/8" on my blank. Also, if you get two of these, you won't be able to fully close the press to lock it (without modification)

ETA: I don't think you could fit a seal in the press if you had both sides made by this guy... there wouldn't be enough room...;)

Okay,

Here they are.

1/2 " and 3/8" seals with my license number on the reverse.

I haven't been using the 1/2" seals, for no good reason. Just haven't.

BTW the 1/2" seals are cylindrical rather than cone shaped like the paragear version. And on the 3/8" my press bottoms out. I can't do that on the 1/2". The symbol die is my original one from paragear in 1985.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

Dear Sir,

If you want to have a look to this Spanish site at www.tenazasdeprecintar.com You will findall the related item about sealing, such Lead, and plastic seals, in 9mm, 10 mm, 11 mm, 12 mm (about 0.5 inch), and 13 mm.

There are available pliers, in 0.5 inch (12 mm) or European ( 9 mm).

Custom engraving is available on request.

Hoping to have expanded your Horizon

Juan Fraile-Nuez
Military Parachute Rigger
Spain, Europe
Juan Fraile-Nuez
Military Parachute Rigger (ret.)
Spain, Europe

You can get 3/8, 1/2 or even 9/16's ...

Bigger seals? Oh my God, guys, do you know what you are suggesting?! More lead! Oh, the horrors! Bring out the paper and plastic seals, quick.

Oh, wait... We aren't in Speakers Corner? We aren't talking green stuff and RoHS stuff? Oops, carry on....

You can get 3/8, 1/2 or even 9/16's ...

Bigger seals? Oh my God, guys, do you know what you are suggesting?! More lead! Oh, the horrors! Bring out the paper and plastic seals, quick.

Only for the floaty girls that need the extra weight to get down to the group.