ajmclean

SUNSHINE BUNDLES

Sunshine has 4 bundle deals (complete systems minus an AAD). The deal seems good to me price-wise. I'm thinking of going with one of these as they offer a Pilot main which seems to be a good, first main from what most of you have said.

Questions:
1. Thoughts on good deal/bad deal? prices, etc.
2. How would I demo the main w/o buying the whole rig?

This would be my first rig and I don't want to buy used as I don't want the hassle of finding something to fit me or have to have parts replaced. I'm 6'1" and 240 lbs "nekked".
Mack The Knife
"IT IS SAID THAT THE WARRIOR'S IS THE TWOFOLD WAY OF PEN AND SWORD, AND HE SHOULD HAVE A TASTE FOR BOTH WAYS." MIYAMOTO MUSASHI, A BOOK OF FIVE RINGS.

I love aerodyne gear, and I think the pilot is one of the best begginer and intermediate canopies available but I don't know if they have pilots that go up to a size that will be appropriate for your geared up weight.

At 260 the have the solo, their student canopy, but no pilot that large that I know of.

If you want more info I would suggest you contact aerodyne... their contact info is on their website: www.flyaerodyne.com . Make sure you talk with your instructors as well, they should know how your canopy skills are progressing and will have a better idea of what you are ready for, and what your are not ready for.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

i got the wings bundle about 10months ago, everytime i tell anybody how much it cost they cant believe what a good deal it was, some said they wouldnt want to be 'told' what canopy to put in it but i wanted a pilot anyway so im happy! theyre really helpful at sunshine factory as well, the only downside was how long it took for the canopy to arrive

I love aerodyne gear, and I think the pilot is one of the best begginer and intermediate canopies available but I don't know if they have pilots that go up to a size that will be appropriate for your geared up weight.

At 260 the have the solo, their student canopy, but no pilot that large that I know of.

If you want more info I would suggest you contact aerodyne... their contact info is on their website: www.flyaerodyne.com . Make sure you talk with your instructors as well, they should know how your canopy skills are progressing and will have a better idea of what you are ready for, and what your are not ready for.

Thanx- the Aerodyne chart shows about a 1.3/1 WL (advanced)with my weight plus about 30 lbs. At the same weight, I jumped a 210SQ FT F-111 main awhile ago at Skydive San Diego, landed it and stood it up! Hurt like a SOB on both openings (jumped it twice which was two times too many!) As Zp canopies are more forgiving/tolerant/higher performing, what do you think about the Pilot 210 for my size?
Mack The Knife
"IT IS SAID THAT THE WARRIOR'S IS THE TWOFOLD WAY OF PEN AND SWORD, AND HE SHOULD HAVE A TASTE FOR BOTH WAYS." MIYAMOTO MUSASHI, A BOOK OF FIVE RINGS.

i got the wings bundle about 10months ago, everytime i tell anybody how much it cost they cant believe what a good deal it was, some said they wouldnt want to be 'told' what canopy to put in it but i wanted a pilot anyway so im happy! theyre really helpful at sunshine factory as well, the only downside was how long it took for the canopy to arrive

Sounds great- thanx!
Mack The Knife

Hey Guys,

I just bought the WINGS package from SUNSHINE FACTORY. I got most of the options that add more comfort as well as a Sabre2, PD reserve and a VIGIL AAD for $5500. Well, what I wanted to say was that if you don't want the canopies they offer with the bundle you can go with different canopies. I dealt with Joannie and she has been great this whole time. I originally ordered a Safire2 but the wait was almost six months so i decided to go with the Sabre2.

Give tyhem a chance they are great people and there customer service is excellent
EXPECT THE WORST, HOPE FOR THE BEST!!!