Nicolaos

Accuracy Canopy Packing

No issue with propacking that I know of. I think flat packing is done simply because it works fine for big old F-111 style canopies, and because propacking large canopies can get awkward.

Propacking may even make it easier to apply certain nose & tail treatments, like rolling the tail a lot, if that is one's preference. (For those taking Parafoils to terminal, it seems that everyone has different packing variations anyway, to try to get a decent opening.) While I've flat packed my Parafoil, I know a fellow with thousands of Parafoil jumps who propacks his all the time.

No issue with propacking that I know of. I think flat packing is done simply because it works fine for big old F-111 style canopies, and because propacking large canopies can get awkward.

Propacking may even make it easier to apply certain nose & tail treatments, like rolling the tail a lot, if that is one's preference. (For those taking Parafoils to terminal, it seems that everyone has different packing variations anyway, to try to get a decent opening.) While I've flat packed my Parafoil, I know a fellow with thousands of Parafoil jumps who propacks his all the time.

Thanx bud. It looks as if there is no hard rule aginst it, so i'll try both ways and let you all know.
:D

Thanx bud. It looks as if there is no hard rule aginst it, so i'll try both ways and let you all know.

What is the manufacturer's recommendation about packing?

From manufacturer:
"The flat packing method is the recommended way to pack a Parafoil.The Pro pack has been used sucessfully but is not usually done as the length of the canopy makes it a bit harder to keep under control. I have tried both ways and the flat pack just seems to be easier to me. If you have a different way that works for you I would certainly be interested to give it a try."

I used to flat pack my accuracy canopy due to the size. After a few hundred pro packed tandems my accuray canopy didn't seem that ackward. Now I pack either way depending on available space and if I feel like bending down much.

Awesome dude, thanx. I am borrowing a canopy at the moment, but as soon as i find a decent second-hand accuracy canopy to buy i will try both ways (and probably even psych-pack) and compare. As long as there is no real dangerous reason not to use a certain pack-way i'll try it.

Thanx again to all for your imput.

N

Awesome dude, thanx. I am borrowing a canopy at the moment, but as soon as i find a decent second-hand accuracy canopy to buy i will try both ways (and probably even psych-pack)

Psycho-packing helps you keep slippery canopies under control. F111 canopies pretty much pack themselves.

Psycho-packing lets you hold small canopies in your hand like a football and bag them one-handed. Accuracy canopies are too big for that.

No reason to do that.

Psycho-packing helps you keep slippery canopies under control. F111 canopies pretty much pack themselves.

Psycho-packing lets you hold small canopies in your hand like a football and bag them one-handed. Accuracy canopies are too big for that.

No reason to do that.

Thanx bud. One down. Saves me a bit of time...cool.
;)