skydemon2

Hard openings

Go here:

Spanked!

and click on ouch.

Dislocated a rib in my chest all the way around to my back by smacking it with my chin-cup. Hurt like a mofo. Plus I had the wind knocked out of me and couldn't breathe and some whiplash that still bothers me.
Went to the ER and they didn't find anything broken so just gave me pain meds. Went to my chiropractor a couple days after and he wouldn't touch me for a couple weeks. Then he adjusted it and it hurt SOOOOOO bad! It still stickes out a little.

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)

It was a few things. I was "attempting" to psycho pack. Did a really shitty job of it. Plus I was wearing like 10 pounds of weights or so because I wanted to see how the canopy would be loading it a little higher. Also, it's a Competition Cobalt. You're supposed to open it in a track.

While I was packing I said to someone, "this is going to be a weird opening" and he said "oh those are always the best opening!" B|

That's Chopchop shooting video. He thought the canopy exploded for sure and was looking for a cutaway. When I landed he ran over to me fast to make sure I was ok. I'd sort of got down on my knees and tried to catch my breath but I knew I was ok. Just couldn't breathe.

--------------

It was a few things. I was "attempting" to psycho pack. Did a really shitty job of it. Plus I was wearing like 10 pounds of weights or so because I wanted to see how the canopy would be loading it a little higher. Also, it's a Competition Cobalt. You're supposed to open it in a track.

While I was packing I said to someone, "this is going to be a weird opening" and he said "oh those are always the best opening!" B|

That's Chopchop shooting video. He thought the canopy exploded for sure and was looking for a cutaway. When I landed he ran over to me fast to make sure I was ok. I'd sort of got down on my knees and tried to catch my breath but I knew I was ok. Just couldn't breathe.

Ive seen people do that pack style, have you done it since or was it just that one time?
Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes clean to the bone!

I like to start my day off with a little Ray of Soulshine™!!

Ive seen people do that pack style, have you done it since or was it just that one time?

It's the only way that I pack. I did pack that way on the jump that injured me, but PD also took that canopy away from me and gave me a new one, so I can't really blame it on the pack job.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Chopchop packed that canopy for me a couple times using that method and the openings from him were oh so sweet. Soft, on heading, perfect. He's been packing that way for a long time though.

I on the other hand did a real crap job of it. It was my first time trying to pack that way and I never tried it again.

I think the psycho pack is a great packjob for people that know how to do it so I'm not bashing it at all. It's just not for me. Pro-packing only takes me a few minutes and is very easy.

--------------

A couple, none very bad:

On rented rig that was wayyyy too long for me the chest strap choked me out on deploy for about 3 seconds. Leg straps left some bad bad bruising, and it literally pulled my bra off (I had the chest strap under the 'girls'). B|B|B|

On a rented rig again...I didn't realize that I had to slow down before throwing out on a hybrid jump (:$:$:$) the slider slammed down and knocked the right toggle loose; slider bounced and right line wrapped slider and lines 1/2 way up -tension knot- chop chop- :( Only injury to me was some soreness and being very embarrassed carrying an 'orange' canopy back into the jump center on my birthday. :$
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Had two of those... bruising on my arms that lasted 2 1/2 weeks. I have a Hornet which is know for those "quick openings". One I packed the other... well, let's just say I am sure he did not mean to! :ph34r:

Muff Brother # 3883, SCR # 14796 ICD # 1 - Pres.
Yeah, I noticed and I think it's funny!

Attached is the ending result of my hard opening. :o

I broke both ends of my femur off.
Granted I have really poor bone density, I’m a paraplegic and I took a 2.5 second delay slider down on a BASE jump but… it's still an opening injury.

Nice metal work Im impressed :o
Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes clean to the bone!

I like to start my day off with a little Ray of Soulshine™!!

My first reserve ride. Huge bruises on my thighs, lumbar sprain and incredibly sore balls (I could hardly walk) after dumping my chest-mounted reserve through my legs while head-down at terminal following a hard-pull total on my main.

Saw television snow and had mild whiplash.

Are you sure you don't have a concussion? :D

Maybe. It was a lightning I jumped when that happened. :)

Gunnery Sergeant of Marines
"I would like it if I were challenged mentally at my job and not feel like I'm mentally challenged." - Co-worker